RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   Marder JetPro and Rear Cable Brakes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/5076743-marder-jetpro-rear-cable-brakes.html)

Acs_guitars 12-04-2006 11:02 PM

Marder JetPro and Rear Cable Brakes

In choosing the Marder Silenced JetPro I neglected to consider the rear cable brake bracket goes where the JetPro mounts [&:]... Needless to say they don't work together. I have some ideas on how to fix the issue in the next few days while the snow is melting. If anyone has any input or ideas on how to re-configure things you are welcome to post them. This is pretty much just to let people know that without some modification the two do not work together.:eek:

Big Boys Toys and Hobbies 12-05-2006 08:41 AM

RE: Marder JetPro and Rear Cable Brakes

I ran into the same problem installing a Jetpro Version 1 with rear tuned brakes on a Monster Truck. I didnt see a way to fix it. We just used the Version 2 JetPro instead.

Acs_guitars 12-05-2006 05:54 PM

Mine is the Silenced Marder Monster pipe... It can be fixed relatively easily I beilieve by fabbing a new bracket. I will find out in the next day or two when I get some time.

Acs_guitars 12-14-2006 12:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally found the time to finish my new brake bracket. Between Christmas shopping and overtime at work things have been crazy here! Anyway, Here are a few pics, one of the original cable bracket, and 2 of my new custom set-up (also notice my new reed and shortened filter)

Edit: I forgot to add... The Marder body still fits with no rubbing on the new bracket.

BuggZy99 12-14-2006 08:53 PM

looks good like that,

Acs_guitars 12-14-2006 09:06 PM

Well, I tried it all out tonight and it works VERY well with this set-up. :D Zero flex and easy access to adjust everything. Another plus is that when removing the engine the brakes can stay set up on the bracket.

cyclops1970 12-14-2006 09:23 PM

Good Job !! glad it worked out for ya on first attempt also :)

TooSlow2Care 12-14-2006 09:53 PM

so your cables don't get eaten by your gearing?

J_D 12-14-2006 10:39 PM

dude... buy a grub screw.. lol

get rid of that big screw in there lol.

Acs_guitars 12-14-2006 10:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No, there is a good 1/8 inch clearance between the 48T spur and the bracket. There is zero slop in the cables so unless something else goes wrong first there is no way the cables and gears will contact eachother.

JD: the grub screw got lost in the mix over the past 2 months of being in pieces... I will find a proper replacement eventually, this is just one that I had in my spares box.:) As goofy as it looks, it still works as it is.

Edit: Here is a little bit better pic of the cables.... I will try to get a straight side view when I get a chance, but atleast this one does not look like the cables are resting on the spur. :eek:

JayFGmad 12-17-2006 04:16 PM

hi i have a marder with pro pipe and i had the same problem you can buy the alloy post which holds the clutch bell from fg or i had a little spacer made up if your still looking what to do message me back and i will send pics hope this helps jay

Acs_guitars 12-17-2006 06:52 PM

I am not sure what you mean, but you are welcome to post up any pics. I have already solved the problem with my fabbed bracket, but other ideas are still great to see.