RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   Gutted out my baja muffler and WOW (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/6080247-gutted-out-my-baja-muffler-wow.html)

splcrazy 07-07-2007 01:34 AM

Gutted out my baja muffler and WOW

yep i gutted it out and its pretty damn good . the sounds awsome perfomance is alot better... next step want to try porting it out , anybody got pics of how its done and the finished result?

Baja5BLST 07-07-2007 04:17 AM

RE: Gutted out my baja muffler and WOW

Porting the engine?
I'll let you know right now: Dropping in a good pipe, such as the Dom, Jetpro, or TGN pipe, will be the single biggest performance raising item. If you think it's powerful now, drop in a Dom. Wheelies are quite possible. Drop in a 28.5cc engine head kit, you'll have one hell of a monster of a buggy. Just hope you have enough room to drive.
Also, avoid concrete with the stock tires. You'll wear em out like nothing, and there goes precious money which could be spent on upgrades.:D

jimbo1890 07-07-2007 06:36 AM

Mate Porting these little two stroke donks is very much hit and miss unless you know what you're doing. If you ask some of the good engine tuners like Alro or Oddie they will tell you that you'll end up with lots of expensive door stops before you get a good result.

I agree with Baja the best performance hopup is a tuned pipe. The Samba is also a great pipe BTW and it doesn't change the balance of the car so much.

and for running on concrete, if you have an FG or clone go for either the FG truck racing wheels and tyres or the F1 wheels and tyres.
Awesome fun talk about grip [8D]

Jimbo.

ttoks 07-07-2007 06:43 AM

the one thing you can touch with a rotary tool in the engine and know your helping performance is polishing the crankcase, crank shaft and con rod (not the bushes for gods sake...) with a buffing wheel, just about anything else you can stuff up very easily with just a slight wobble on the dremel so i wouldn't try doing any porting work yourself until you practiced a lot on junk engines.

wyd 07-07-2007 07:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Baja5BLST

Porting the engine?
I'll let you know right now: Dropping in a good pipe, such as the Dom, Jetpro, or TGN pipe, will be the single biggest performance raising item. If you think it's powerful now, drop in a Dom. Wheelies are quite possible. Drop in a 28.5cc engine head kit, you'll have one hell of a monster of a buggy. Just hope you have enough room to drive.
Also, avoid concrete with the stock tires. You'll wear em out like nothing, and there goes precious money which could be spent on upgrades.:D
Your right about burning off tires on concrete. WIth the power of the weedeater motor and the weight of the cars birning up tires is pretty quick on asphalt and concrete

The pipe like Baja mentione is a huge improvement. Really wakes up the motor.

splcrazy 07-07-2007 06:22 PM

lol i use these tools everyday at work just need some pics of how it looks in the end

Baja5BLST 07-07-2007 09:23 PM

Get some Tarmac Busters, or some of the Dirt Busters H Compound. These last forever