RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   Help please (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/6160872-help-please.html)

screamin chicken 07-26-2007 07:44 PM

Help please

I finally went a ran my new FG Stadium on Saturday for the first time I ran it for about 30 minutes and the steering servo went out.I got a replacement today installed and went to test it out and after about 5 minutes the thing took off and I had to chase it.I took ther battery out and put it on the charger and it was low but I went on and charged it with the peek charger.I let the battery cool down install it back into the truck and it was running fine that it just stopped and it started to take off but i applied the brakes and was able to stop it.I ran it back across the street to my house and it was fine.I am using the Spektrum 3.0 and the charge on the remote was at 9.2 which in my Muggy, LST it is fine, oh and my friend who bought his the same time is having the same problems with his new one to.......

TheFgMan01 07-26-2007 08:36 PM

RE: Help please

you need a fail safe... install one before you end up with some serious damage :) Im glad it didnt hit anything though, that would have sucked. I have the 5745 hitech servo for steering. What servo are you using for it to burn up so fast?? these servos arent cheap

screamin chicken 07-26-2007 09:16 PM

I have the same servo I just got about 30 minutes of play out of it then it froze up,I also have a 5955TG in my Muggy and that one to burned up after a week.I just can't figure out why I am losing my signal now, it was fine Saturday, but yes a fail safe is needed....

TheFgMan01 07-26-2007 09:20 PM

Try changing the channel on the radio and receiver.. i had to do that a couple of times with my radio., I run the JR racing XS3 Pro. not a bad system for as much as it been beat up lol.. i need to get me the spectrum with the rubber antenna since i seem to bend alot of antennas lol

screamin chicken 07-26-2007 09:26 PM

ok I will try that thanks....

csp1971 07-26-2007 09:30 PM

The spektrum dx3 has a built in failsafe, is that the model radio you have?

screamin chicken 07-26-2007 09:32 PM

Yes

TheFgMan01 07-26-2007 09:39 PM

i wouldnt trust that though. i need to get my hands one of those engine kill switches also. so when she decides to run of it wont get far

kengentry5000 07-26-2007 10:53 PM

As long as you use a peak charger for the battery then you will probably not have power problems on the car. I have a 3000 NiMH battery and run it about 1 - 2 hours per month and charge it maybe every other month. Never had my separate Venom failsafe kick on.

Definitely check and possibly change the channel on the Spektrum. Make sure the receiver failsafe is programmed for the throttle servo. Once you have the failsafe set you could take the car to an empty parking lot or playground to find the best radio channel setting.

One other thing...I once made an 'extension' wire for the power from my battery to the receiver. My POS wire was causing my failsafe to kick on when the car got more than about 100 feet away. If you have any homemade wiring on your electronics definitely experiment with removing it if possible to eliminate that as a possible source of the problem.

screamin chicken 07-27-2007 05:53 AM

ok thanks, I found the wire to the receiver was broke off inside of the receiver, i will try another receiver and see if that fixes the problem.I look in the manuel and did not see anything about a fail safe on my DX 3.0 how can I set it.....

cyclops1970 07-27-2007 08:55 AM

read threw the Binding process , it automatically sets fail safe when in the binding process . read through one more time and make sure you have it set up correctly

kengentry5000 07-27-2007 10:00 AM

Good catch on that receiver wire. Since it was inside the receiver module can you get a warrantied replacement?

csp1971 07-27-2007 11:22 AM

Screamin Chicken:

Take a look at page 6 (Binding) in the manual. It's pretty easy.

Make sure both your receiver and transmitter are off.

Next, hold down the bind button on the receiver and turn on the receiver. Once the green led starts to flash, release the bind button.

Leave the receiver on.

For the transmitter, push the trigger back to the braking position, hold down the binding button on the back of the transmitter and then turn the transmitter on. Keep the braking position pushed until the transmitter led begins to flash, release the bind button and the trigger.

Your failsafe should now be set!

Dave ESPI 08-08-2007 02:17 AM

Hi I too contacted the MFG on a Baja failsafe as there was no instructions how to set the DX3 for the AUX channel.

While the DX3 has some sort of "failsafe" it doesn't help to turn off a motor, hence why it just shouts down at low voltage, but that motor keeps going. Setting on the DX3 for Kill on the throttle switch while Binding it ? not sure how this works.......
Is this so it recognises that there is something new plugged into the RX ? Kind of like when Windows XP recognises New Hardware installed on your PC ?

I didn't think about re-binding the RX/TX.... I'll try that also, but When in the modes for using AUX on the menu (button c) there has to be a way to set that so pressing it kills the motor. I don't want to slam on the throttle and brake hard, then have my motor die as I'm stopping to just simply turn around about 1/9th mile down the road.....

walking there to re start it each time will be more frustrating than playing Golf with a kid on crutches and no cart !

screamin chicken 08-08-2007 06:36 AM

Thanks, I ended up just soldering it with the help of my neighbor that can fix anything related to autos.......lol, i did get the fail safe that kills the engine and you can also use the C to kill it also, just remember once you kill the engine press the C again to turn the kill switch off or you will be pulling forever before you figure it out, and also since the Spektrum's come with a fail safe you will have to go thriugh your menu to turn things off or the two fill fight each other on mine it was everytime I applied brakes, or turned to the right my engine would turn off, but I have everything straight now (thanks Troy) and I am up and running......

Dave ESPI 08-09-2007 11:39 PM

SC yeah, I got mine to work properly today also. I don't know yet what I did to set it, but it recognised it (finaly!) I'll look through all my settings and see what it says and post them. I have pics of my kill switch install on my " BEASTLY THREAD OF EPIC MAYHEM" on page 3

screamin chicken 08-10-2007 08:14 AM

sweet I tried to look on mine all I remember is it had to do with the settings that where at 125% had to be set at 0%?????