RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   Question about FG front brakes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/6186536-question-about-fg-front-brakes.html)

tom111 08-02-2007 01:59 AM

Question about FG front brakes

Hi all,

I would like to buy to my FG truck a set of front cable disk brakes, part number 6250/3.
I have 2 questions about it:

1. My current servo is Hitec model HS-645, its torque is 133 oz. – will it be enough? Or do I have to replace my servo to a stronger one?
2. Can someone direct me to an online shop who sells this set of brakes in a decent price?

Thank you,
Tom

motors4fun 08-02-2007 08:39 AM

RE: Question about FG front brakes

Check this out. [link]http://www.model-works.org/products.php?cat=9[/link] I have bought from them and the guys there are very friendly and helpfull.

Hope this helps. I am thinking about buying the same setup. Maybe we can get a group discount if anyone else is interested.

cyclops1970 08-02-2007 08:59 AM

that servo will be more then enough to stop the fronts on there own

tom111 08-02-2007 05:04 PM

The kit at the above web are not the original kit and I think its parts are less robust and I am not fully sure that it will fit my monster truck, does anyone know a place where I can buy the 6250/3 kit?
The servo has also to handle with the rear brakes and it also the gas servo (although the gas and the brakes don't work simultaneously), will it still be enough?

Thank you,
Tom

cyclops1970 08-02-2007 07:59 PM

i run 2 645's one for my front's only , and one for throttle / rear brakes .. i dont think it will work well running it off of one 645 but will work till you get another one .
http://www.largescalerc.com/FGMonsterTruck.html

Renegade 700 08-02-2007 09:18 PM

Since were talking brakes how do you make the two servos work at the same time when using one for the front brakes and one for the rear brake / throttle? Do you use a y harness to hook them together at the receiver? Also if you put cable brakes on the rear do you just run them to the servo that works the front brakes? One one question if you use 6250/3 for the front what is the part number for the rear cable brakes. Sorry I don't mean to take over your thread tom111 just looked like a good place to ask these questions.

Dave ESPI 08-02-2007 11:38 PM

I've got the front ON-ROAD disc set up on the stock plastic uprights for my FGMT5, and they work really well. I'll snap a few pics and upload them if it would help you at all.

The key to them is get a ballance that works perfectly between the 2 cables so they pull equaly and won't cause the vehicle to lock one side up and turn.

cyclops1970 08-03-2007 07:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Renegade 700

Since were talking brakes how do you make the two servos work at the same time when using one for the front brakes and one for the rear brake / throttle? Do you use a y harness to hook them together at the receiver? Also if you put cable brakes on the rear do you just run them to the servo that works the front brakes? One one question if you use 6250/3 for the front what is the part number for the rear cable brakes. Sorry I don't mean to take over your thread tom111 just looked like a good place to ask these questions.
you SHOULD run 2 servos and use a 3 channel remote so you can channel mix the servos then you can fine tune the front independantly

Renegade 700 08-03-2007 08:51 AM

you SHOULD run 2 servos and use a 3 channel remote so you can channel mix the servos then you can fine tune the front independantly
I have a dx3.0 radio can I mix the servos with this radio?

cyclops1970 08-03-2007 09:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Renegade 700

I have a dx3.0 radio can I mix the servos with this radio?
sure can .. same radio i use , read your manual and set them up if you dont have the manual you can download the pdf from spektrum website the dx radio is a very user friendly radio to use

Renegade 700 08-03-2007 09:47 AM

Thanks Cyclops1970. Now that I know I can use my radio, what is the part number for the rear cable brakes? Four wheel disc brakes on a gasoline powered remote control monster truck that even looks cool.

cyclops1970 08-03-2007 10:04 AM

to be honest with ya .. IMO the rear cable brakes arent worth the extra $ and also more tinkering with them too set up all 4 wheels , http://www.pythonmotorsports.com/fg/...uck_hopup.html the upgraded alloy gear plate and rear tuning kit is Great #7474, 7497, 8449 with less hassles .. but if you got the $ and extra patients then grab the rear cables .. or you can spend the extra and grab the ultimate brake set-up .. hydros on all 4 corners .. less tinking then cables but 2 times as much $

Dave ESPI 08-03-2007 11:44 AM

I'm with Cyclops on this one about the rears not really being needed. If you properly adjust the stock disc engine brakes, they really work well in combination with just fronts.

tom111 08-04-2007 04:08 PM

Can I buy only the rear 7497 brakes kit? Or must I install it with the alloy gear plate?

Thanks,
Tom

bajamaniac69 03-11-2008 10:43 AM

my question is how do you adjust the stock rear brakes?????

Thanks