RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   FG Baja Pajero is Now Complete - Pics, Hot ! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/8233959-fg-baja-pajero-now-complete-pics-hot.html)

elven wizard 12-10-2008 10:35 PM

FG Baja Pajero is Now Complete - Pics, Hot !

1 Attachment(s)
The Fg Baja Pajero is now complete. :)
It took nearly all day and nite to complete this and it was well worth it. The Baja Pajero can now go just about anywhere. I took it out in the desert for a 3 1/2 hour run and it worked flawlessly out there. It goes over mounds, hills, ruts, sand, and rocks so much better than before. No more getting stuck or getting beat up out there. The Baja discision was the perfect choice. I even put High powered L.E.D. lights on it. These all weather lights are very powerful and have a super long distance range. Doing this Baja conversion changes this Pajero to a another level. This thing just goes about anywere now.

Below I have the FG Baja Pajero pics and stock Pajero pics. What a difference !

SAVAGEJIM 12-10-2008 10:37 PM

RE: FG Baja Pajero is Now Complete - Pics, Hot !

LOL! Nice! and about time too!

I see you had to chop your body for teh MT wheels to fit properly

Also, in the last pic of ocotillo hills, isnt that were Myth Busters blew up a cement truck full of dynamite and plastic explosives?

elven wizard 12-10-2008 10:39 PM

Ya I almost got blew up out there but I survived. lol A lot of thinking went into this. By the way the suspension has full rebound travel without the body being affected.

mooman007uk 12-10-2008 10:39 PM

Very nice job elven...looks a zillion times better and sounds like you've transformed it's offroad prowess[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

elven wizard 12-10-2008 10:41 PM

Thanks I mean what's the point, before the stock Pajero just wasn't made for the desert, now I mean this thing goes were 4wd's go no problem

SAVAGEJIM 12-10-2008 10:47 PM

Hahaha! Now tie your Cenchain Genesis to it and redo the tug-of-war! Cehnchain Vs FG Pajero MT mod!

elven wizard 12-10-2008 10:53 PM

Bad news about the Genesis it is out of commision. Engine - tranny went out, I have to redo that truck bottom up. That one lived a good life too, but there's other Rc's I can substitute it with. I like to sometime tug of war with he MCD truck. That one I have is all apart and engine too. So many projects soo lil time.

SAVAGEJIM 12-10-2008 10:57 PM

WHAT!!!!???? Well, you better get a steppin' before this January mister; You did promise a rematch! :D

Anyways, whenever you can, I want to see a vid of your pajero running about in that quarry, tell you vid friend tio hurry back home.
*I really want to see your Pajero MT mods put to use!) [8D]

elven wizard 12-10-2008 11:02 PM

Yes I did make a promise of the tug of war, I have to think of something. I have other nitro Rc's that are extremely powerful and have very high RPM's. My video friend that's all he does is video AV, he should be coming back next year

elven wizard 12-11-2008 08:59 AM

Out of the bunch the Fg Baja Pajero is the fastest 1/5 scale I have :)

mooman007uk 12-12-2008 12:05 PM

get a 2speed and it'll go even faster:D

elven wizard 12-13-2008 12:33 AM

This thing so fast as it is, I have a 2 speed I might put it on.

bhcvc 12-13-2008 02:01 AM

Wow, that looks awesome! I like the little wheel in the back, even tho it doesn't fit.
What's involved to do the "baja" conversion? Whatever it is, it looks well worth it!

elven wizard 12-13-2008 02:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fs wheels, paint, stickers, led lights, lots of cutting, filing of nylon pieces and lots of mod shaping. Most important is testing it in a baja enviroment to see if the look of the baja matches the perfromance of what a baja would be.

I have some pics of the transformation in my gallery

SAVAGEJIM 12-13-2008 05:38 AM

Hahaha! I really like the wheel wells you fashioned, very nice work there.

As for your batt charger, I think it might be time for you to get a proper batt holding case :D

Nutech GmbH 12-13-2008 05:52 AM

NICE JOB

elven wizard 12-13-2008 12:42 PM

Something about those older chargers, I'm kinda old school in a way of the Rc world of doing things. I still use a old Tekin B112C charger.