RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   parcels ? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/8264680-parcels.html)

kenazzo2000 12-20-2008 01:11 PM

parcels ?

is any body waiting for a parcel ? god they take long how long have you waited for it to arrive ?

wave waker 12-20-2008 02:34 PM

RE: parcels ?

i know how u feel , i've been there many times:), but man just feel the excitement while waiting...

JCAustralia 12-20-2008 03:41 PM

Patience is mother of virtue.;););)

SAVAGEJIM 12-20-2008 03:50 PM

Mother of virtue sure hurts like the Dickens, no matter what it is you are waiting on.

For me, whenever I order on-line, if it is in teh sates, like from California, it can take as little as 2-3 days, I guess it is because they are so close to me.

But anything form teh East Coast can take a couple of weeks to get to me, for like ground shipping.

Overseas, with customs and all, like a month.

splcrazy 12-20-2008 05:12 PM

im in australia and when i order from ddm i pay express and the goods arive in four days , thats fast . when i order something locally thats like a 10 minute drive from where i live lol it takes two days untill i get my stuff

mooman007uk 12-20-2008 06:54 PM

don't talk to me about waiting for parts, always seem to be waiting for something, waiting on shocks sent 5 weeks ago at the moment. UK mail was the quickest.

kenazzo2000 12-20-2008 09:30 PM

thanks guys express from usa to malta takes 2 days normal 7 days at dec to jan 21 to 28 days now thats a big diffrence lol have to wait more

SAVAGEJIM 12-21-2008 12:39 AM

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

UK mail was the quickest.
WAS the quickest? If it takes 5wks now for British post, how long did it used to take for post of the same thing to get to you?

EDIT: I know international in the States is seriously hampered by Customs inspections, but I thought UK post was much more efficient.

kenazzo2000 12-21-2008 06:32 AM

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

WAS the quickest? If it takes 5wks now for British post, how long did it used to take for post of the same thing to get to you?

EDIT: I know international in the States is seriously hampered by Customs inspections, but I thought UK post was much more efficient.
you can never tell from uk to malta 1to2 days 3 4 27 31 60 days

mooman007uk 12-21-2008 10:35 AM

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

The 5 weeks i've been waiting is for a parcel from East coast USA to West coast Canada, that would be really bad if the quickest was 5 weeks.
Items sent from UK take 5-7 work days sometimes even 4. from Aussie it takes 7-10 work days, germany about 7 and from the US anything from 5 days to 2 months and that's priority mail!!!! a few times i believe that people sorting mail in the US simply can't read and others it's canada customs who don't give a damn about disrupting mail services and just sit on it.
I lived in Kalamazoo MI for 5yrs and used to praise the mail back then...once sent a letter to Grand rapids, 70miles away, in the morning and it was delivered that same afternoon.
When i lived in the uk anything sent 1st class nationally would arrive either next day or max 2 days ....still the best there is (just about the only good thing left in England)

SAVAGEJIM 12-21-2008 10:51 AM

Wow, 5 weeks! North American mail is dropping the ball in your case.

I havent had anything take more than 5 weeks to get to me. Well, I'm lying. I ordered some stuff from RCMart/Dinball (they are in China) and the parts took the parts about 4-5 weeks to get to my door (customs took the longest).
I also ordered some chinese engine parts for a chinese nitro engine I had, and those parts took in excess of 5 weeks. I know again, customs hurt the delivery time. The chinese guys could have probably sent teh parts to me much more quickly (like within 3 weeks including customs time), but they chose to sit around for 2 weeks before even opening my order ticket.

kenazzo2000 12-21-2008 10:55 AM

in dec they take longer because there are millions of parcels flying here and there lol

SAVAGEJIM 12-21-2008 11:17 AM

I havent bought anything from RCMart/Dinball since like a year and a half ago (it was during teh summer I ordered), so it could be they have made their deliveries more efficient and faster. So if they cut their mail time from 4wks to 3wks, I agree, in winter, x-mas mail would unfortunately push taht time back to 4wks.

But for teh chinese engine maker I ordered from? They had no excuse to fart around before opening my order. Even Dinball would open the order immediately, and if they needed more time, he would say why the delay was happening (i.e. out of stock, etc.).

kenazzo2000 12-21-2008 11:26 AM

yeah thats true some sellers do take there time mine has been stuck in germany for about 7 days now

clubin 12-21-2008 04:59 PM

The more you pay for shipping the faster it gets to you. The fastest I have ever had was from Rossendale to Manitoba in 4 business days it has happened a few times, stuff from DDM or Innovative ususlly takes 6 to 12 business days. I am currently waiting on a Innovative order, a Great hobbies order, and a Rampage Hoppups order. Hod do you think I feel? lol

hawkpilot 12-21-2008 05:07 PM

Whats more annoying than waiting for a package is when it finally arrives on time and it is the wrong item, was sent a charger instead of an engine.

kenazzo2000 12-21-2008 10:23 PM

i guess your like me when is the parcel coming ? will i get ? if i dont get it will i get my money back at so on

kenazzo2000 12-21-2008 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: hawkpilot

Whats more annoying than waiting for a package is when it finally arrives on time and it is the wrong item, was sent a charger instead of an engine.
thats bad to mate but at least you got something did they send you an engine after?