RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   XRC just smacked it, need parts (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/8335221-xrc-just-smacked-need-parts.html)

clink69 01-08-2009 04:55 PM

XRC just smacked it, need parts

OK,

so I did, contra to all recommendation, get an XRC RC-2 buggy. Start it today, have trouble keeping it going then finally it goes and straight into my trucks tire at about 10 MPH. Broke everything on one side of the front end...:eek: crap...

So what parts fit?

I need a-arm, bulkhead, shock bottom mount, wheel hub, etc...

I also have FGs (MT5, Marder) so was wondering if any of those parts fit the front end?

Do they use crappy plastic, I can run my FG into rocks and it won't destroy that much.

thanks

osnitro 01-08-2009 05:29 PM

RE: XRC just smacked it, need parts

Clink69,

Go to FGSupply the have parts for the XRC cars, I was surfing there and saw that they stock parts for them.

As for what else fits it not sure I don't have one or know anyone with an XR!

BRC

mbe301 01-08-2009 06:19 PM

You can also order from the IMEX site, not sure if any parts are interchangable with FG though.

mooman007uk 01-08-2009 06:23 PM

It sounds like the plastic would be just as strong if it were made out of dark chocalate[&:] that's alot of damage for a low speed ouchie.
I've not heard of any other parts fitting in any threads I've read in the past other than the technokit[sm=bananahead.gif] version of it. You'd probably be better off fixing it and putting on ebay hate to think what a high speed multiple barrel roll would do to it

mooman007uk 01-08-2009 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

It sounds like the plastic would be just as strong if it were made out of dark chocalate[&:] that's alot of damage for a low speed ouchie.
I've not heard of any other parts fitting in any threads I've read in the past other than the technokit[sm=bananahead.gif] version of it.[link]http://www.technokit.it/models_supercross.html[/link] You'd probably be better off fixing it and putting on ebay hate to think what a high speed multiple barrel roll would do to it
D'OH sorry double post but this one has the link to technokit[sm=bananahead.gif]

clink69 01-08-2009 06:53 PM

Go to FGSupply the have parts for the XRC cars, I was surfing there and saw that they stock parts for them.

As for what else fits it not sure I don't have one or know anyone with an XR!

thanks I found most parts there, but I imagine I should consider trying FG parts instead if they fit, I am surte they will be stronger.

Anyone chime in if you know what fits..

hellya 01-08-2009 07:32 PM

none[X(]...spur gear...pinion...

hndaman1 01-08-2009 08:36 PM

http://www.fgsupply.com/ is your best bet, look under the SPECIALS section, you find tons of deals for parts there also;)

clink69 01-09-2009 07:42 PM

They are out of most of the parts I need :eek: Guess I have to wait until restock ?[&o]

Anyone ever heard of/used HobbyFly.com in Denmark I think, they have some parts....[sm=what_smile.gif]

MODELMAN2 01-10-2009 11:25 AM

www.imexrc.com has all parts in stock

kryptonite5b 01-10-2009 09:30 PM

the only fg parts that fit are the pinion and spur. not sure on yours, but my on-road will take "harm" front suspenion arms.. i have ordered from imex and he is a complet rip off when it comes to shipping. if you call fgsupply and let them know whazt you need they will get it for you. they dont stock much xrc couse nobody really asks for it, but it only takes a few days to get it in.. just ask them.. oh ya. shelf the xrc.. if you do plan on running it just to get loughed at, you may want to boil all your plastic parts. it will help with breaking.

speedy.d 01-10-2009 09:46 PM

call imex ask for brad in service tellhim speedyd sent you.imex is a very decent company just make sure yuo talk to the right person. he is the go to guy at imex for 1/5 scale cars and parts. give them a try, if they cant get what you need try somewhere else. at least ask for yourself.

clink69 01-11-2009 09:00 AM

I might have a complete FG Marder front end laying around, maybe I should just bolt that on...:D

kryptonite5b 01-14-2009 12:21 AM

AS FAR AS IMEX GOES.... i ordered a $7 stearing nuckle. he charged me $8 to ship it in an envolope. i ordered a front on-road bumper. he charged me $11 to ship it. in an envolope. yesterday i bought a 5th scale on-road XRC RC-1 body.... he charged me $8 to ship it. not sure how he calculates shipping but it made up for all the times he hosed me..
the marder front end wont fit. front of xrc chassis is to wide

clink69 01-14-2009 03:05 PM

the marder front end wont fit. front of xrc chassis is to wide
Not if I take a ban saw to it..:D

kryptonite5b 01-14-2009 06:52 PM

thats the ticket,, you can make a not so great rc into a................................. not so great rc..