RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   redcat vs nutech (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/9507126-redcat-vs-nutech.html)

willy099 02-16-2010 02:39 PM

RE: redcat vs nutech

Hello Buzzard and FAT JAY :D . I am also the US dealer for Nutech and I, along with zero gravity with be supplying and stocking Replacements parts for the US Customers. Also if we are out of a part there is also Vancouver hobbies in Canada that is the Canadian distributor for Nutech. Unlike some of these other companies you find on eBay places, Nutech is a full support company. You can even Call me on the phone and talk to me :D or email.

bbuzzard 02-16-2010 02:49 PM

Outstanding!! Thanks for the info!!http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../thumbs_up.gif

JCBaja 02-16-2010 03:02 PM

argh...must save money for a nutech...

mooman007uk 02-16-2010 04:00 PM

It is true, and the nutech is bone stock with just a modded boat pipe on it

RAMTech-HBF-LSF 02-16-2010 04:15 PM

Alright guys, the latest version of Redcat Rampage Monster Trucks and Dunerunners are inbound. We expect them to be delivered at the end of the month. They will include a 26cc motor, and 2.4 Ghx radio installed. Several changes are expected on teh V3 as far as suspension quality, but we will need to verify that when they arrive.

Monster Truck - $699

Dune Runner 4x4 - $659

I will keep you updated when they arrive!!

[link=http://rampagehopups.com/product.sc?productId=388&categoryId=2]Monster Truck[/link]

[link=http://rampagehopups.com/product.sc?productId=485&categoryId=20]DuneRunner[/link]

vertigo performance 02-16-2010 04:47 PM

Rob, What's the difference in the one coming and the one already in the stores other than engine and radio? Is it a CY engine?

RAMTech-HBF-LSF 02-16-2010 04:56 PM

I can't be sure on any of the changes until we open the first one up. We asked for alot of changes and they have been implementing them on a monthly basis. This next shipment will be a compilation of what all the European and Australian dealers wanted, and of course the US based Redcat.

bbuzzard 02-16-2010 04:58 PM

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../thumbs_up.gif

jkennedy 02-16-2010 05:00 PM

the new rampage v3,s 26cc hy motor who makes hy motors

mikeinoz 02-16-2010 05:09 PM

What Australian dealers asked for changes? There are no Australian dealers for the HSP/redcat here. Stuff all trucks have been sold here and most of those came from USA.
How can the importor not know what has been changed? So they are going to sell a truck that has not been tested?

RAMTech-HBF-LSF 02-16-2010 05:32 PM

Obviously Darin knows what has been changed, but until I see them myself, I will not comment on the V3 changes versus the V2. We are waiting for a few minor changes to the suspension, and those are the parts I need to know about.

As far as the engine, it sounds like the 3rd tier clone of the Zenoah, which I have been running in the Dunerunner for 6 months with no problems. I recently sold it and its still running great for that guy, who doesn't know the differnce of any motor manufacturer.

What you Nutech guys are forgetting, is that this is not a competition. Redcat is already established and will continue to bring an affordable 4x4 Large Scale vehicle to the masses in the USA. Its a very simple concept, and is working well for them. Get the price as low as you can and let the distributors and Local Hobby Shops carry them for people to touch and feel in the stores. With the recent volume, I'm glad Redcat is giving some of the cost back to the consumer.

I'm sure the Nutech will sell well, and I will be buying one of the TVP Monster Trucks when they are ready and I'm sure many other Redcat guys will too. Large Scale guys always seem to have several in the garage.

nutechracingusa 02-17-2010 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF

What you Nutech guys are forgetting, is that this is not a competition. Redcat is already established and will continue to bring an affordable 4x4 Large Scale vehicle to the masses in the USA. Its a very simple concept, and is working well for them. Get the price as low as you can and let the distributors and Local Hobby Shops carry them for people to touch and feel in the stores. With the recent volume, I'm glad Redcat is giving some of the cost back to the consumer.

I'm sure the Nutech will sell well, and I will be buying one of the TVP Monster Trucks when they are ready and I'm sure many other Redcat guys will too. Large Scale guys always seem to have several in the garage.
Haha well then if RedCat is so established they shouldn't have anything to worry about or is there :D? its not all about pricing I think many have learned that the hard way with the cheap clones ect, customers are willing to pay extra for something thats going to last them. There is plenty of room in the market for another high quality RC manufacture such as Nutech which I will guarantee they will raise the bar for other manufactures, and in that aspect they will be competing with each other but its good competition we dont need monopolies in the RC market hahaha that would take all the fun out of it.

This is like asking the age old question whats better fords or chevy ? it will just go in circles forever but at the end of the day they are both worth the money and are both quality so I guess you really cant go wrong in purchasing either and thats a good problem to have.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

RAMTech-HBF-LSF 02-17-2010 06:20 PM

You are exactly right. There will always be people who want a basic white Chevy, and another group that wants a Hot Rod Lincoln. Hopefully by the end of the summer there will be 2 seperate market segments for 4x4 OEMs made in China, so we don't have to have these conversations.

willy099 02-17-2010 06:46 PM

[sm=what_smile.gif]

dc2 man 02-17-2010 07:02 PM

<u><font size="2">my opinion</font></u>

there will always be a big market there for these models from all the manufactures,people cant have enough of a choice.

like they say "variety is the spice of life"

maybe its time for less competition from manufactures and for them to start being a little more respected from the opposition.thus looking better for there customers on the forums also.

at the end of the day everybody has differnt taste|requirements| so there is a huge market "i think" for all.......

if there was only always the same models things would get a little dried up....

i think all manufactures have something great to offer with there models.

NitroBurn1 02-17-2010 08:12 PM

I have the v1 Rampage MT. Will the v3 parts fit?

RAMTech-HBF-LSF 02-17-2010 08:26 PM

Yes they will.

willy099 02-17-2010 08:27 PM

Nitro I am not 100% sure but what I have read and heard that cross matching was going to be a big thing because there are so many V1 V2's out there already