Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Hotliner motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 08:55 AM
wargor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotliner motor

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an unbuilt glider from a friend. He also had a motor that he purchased but never used. It's a Aveox brushless 27/26/1.5 44V/60A. Since it's an older motor I haven't found much information on it except in a few older post. I would like to use lipo's with it and I think I can run a 60amp bec with 3S lipo setup. Does anyone have any advice on what to use with this motor? Should I just get a new setup all together? The airplane it's going into is a Fredy E. TIA
Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Hotliner motor

Have you tried google with the terms "aveox 27/26/1.5"? I did so and this turned up right away.

http://www.progressiverc.com/Brushless_Motor.html

Your motor is listed part way down the page. Seems from the Kv value that you would need to use it with a gear box or smaller prop for glider use. Well, perhaps not so small. To suck back up around 50'ish amps even with that sort of Kv value it would need a 10'ish inch prop on the nose. I'd also suggest that it would be happier with 4S or even 5S Lipo packs given that it is rated for up to 44volts if your info in the post is correct about it being 44V/60A. You'd also get serious power out of it at less amps with higher cell count packs.