Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Surprise VII Setup suggestion

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Surprise VII Setup suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 04:03 PM
YellowSquare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surprise VII Setup suggestion

I’ve bought a used Freudenthaler Surprise VII (F5F) but only the model with servos.
I’m now wondering what set up engine, speed control, LiPo battery, and propeller I should aim for?
I will not participate in any competitions in first case, but only go for fast sport recreation flying.
It should have very good vertical prestanda upwards.

My present model that I fly now is the FVK Bandit and I measure around 1000watt with a “Watts Up” gauge.

I have found the Plettenberg 220/30/A1 P4 7:1 as an alternative motor with a suitable JETI Spin speed control and some AeroNaut folding blades.

[link=http://www.plettenberg-motoren.com/UK/Motoren/Brushless/220_30_Gear/motor.htm]Plettenberg[/link]
Please come up with some suggestions, and if there is some one who fly a Surprise 7 so please share your experience of that bird.
(Sorry abut my poor english. I'm from Sweden)

[link=http://shop.modellbau-freudenthaler.at/index.php?cat=20&product=RFM%205500]Freudenthaler[/link]

Thanx Olof Rosenius