Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Wilga?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 01:57 AM
tdeliman-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wilga?

Has anybody and any experience with the Wilga that is distributed by Pollack in Germany? like quality, stability, etc....
I do not know who manufactures this particular plane

I am undecided one which one to get the Wilga for the sorta scale looks or the Bully from Vogt for its pure workhorse attitude.

I am going to need something strong, because it will be used almost everyweekend to tow 4 - 6 meter ships.

thanks for the help
Todd Deliman

P.S. be nice to the tow pilot or else
Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2002, 05:45 PM
MalcolmL

Default Wilga

My buddy Clive has one. I'm only the test pilot - it flies fine but the wing joiners needed beefing up - and tug pilot but we haven't towed with it yet. I'll try to get him to post to this thread.
MalcolmL
Old 05-03-2002, 11:01 PM
Clive

Default Wilga

The Wilga would be the tug of choice. My particular example was built to a set of UK plans. A major modification hindsight tells me would have been to double up on the spars, anyway, mine was bent on the test flight. Apart from that it looks like it will fly like a giant trainer. The Southampton Scale Soaring website has more details about the Wilga. Mine is to Quarter scale with a 3W 60cc petrol engine up front. There is lots of room in the cowling, I have heard of people going 100cc and up for the bigger sailplanes. Ugly looking plane but it kinda grows on you!

Have fun

Clive
Old 05-04-2002, 03:31 AM
GeorgeR

Default Wilga?

Hi Tdeliman,

Where to you fly at. We aerotow around the Tampa area 4-6 meter ships.

Cya,

GeorgeR
Old 05-04-2002, 04:03 AM
tdeliman-RCU

Default Wilga?

George,
We fly out of Lucerne Park, in NE Winter Haven.
Currently I have a Giant Stinger with a G62 for the towplane. It works great, it can handle up to 6 meter ships with no problem.
I tow almost every weekend, weather permitting....
If you are interested let me know, we are always looking for more glider pilots.
I'd also like to thank everybody for their input. I went ahead and ordered the plane. Should be here in a week or so... Cant wait

Todd
Old 11-08-2002, 05:36 PM
Henrik

Default Wilga?

Conserning Wilga: It's the uglyest plane ever made, but what kind of towing maschine. Look at the site below and you will see a wery huge Wilga under construction. Until now I towed with a Piper Cub Clipped wing powered by a 3W 160 B4 Largest soarer until now 54 KG and 10Meters span. I have seen lots of Wilga in Germany from Frisch Modellbau with 120CCM 3W and some with 5 Cyl. radial Moki they are making a great job towing.

Henrik