Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Arthobby planes

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 01:27 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Arthobby planes

I did a quick search and did not find much on these planes or the shop itself.

I have a CMP Ventus that I lift up with a tug. It looks good in the air but flies like a the heavy pig it is. I know it is not a thermal plane in any way shape or form. But it does look good flying around.

I was looking at a couple of planes from Arthobby.

http://www.arthobby.com/index.php?pa...ry=32&item=381

http://www.arthobby.com/index.php?pa...ry=32&item=386

and a DLG

http://www.arthobby.com/index.php?pa...ry=31&item=258

We fly my brother Fling all the time. It beats the Ventus 3 to 1 in flight time per flight.

Any one out there fly one of these planes?

Thanks.

Buzz.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:04 PM
fudi50
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Arthobby planes

Our club has had probably 10 of Art Hobby models I believe we still have 7 I have a Sky 2m wing on a Bore Fuse flies great on the slope good speed penatration roll rate and thermals well. The only problem of late is the Dollar/Euro coupled with natural increases makes there models a lot more expensive, but I'll still buy em!
The Brit
Old 08-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Simolious

I have a ART HOBBY 2m, electro glider, the SKY-EV. This was my choice of glider to reaquaint myself to the hobby after being gone for over thirty years. Their planes are manufactured in Poland and sold here by ART HOBBY from Billings, Mo. The fellow you deal with is Andre who is involved with the ownership of the business and is one of the most helpful persons I have ever met in any business community. You email him . . .he calls you back. You call ART HOBBY . . he answers the phone.

I jumped back into the hobby with both feet and committed myself to buy plane, electronics, glue, batteries, motor, everything from Andre. I have to admit that the ARF (80%) was quite a bit more work than I had planned for so I was on the phone a lot. Andre was always there to quide me with obvious deep knowledge of his product from design, building, and flying.

So new am I into sailplanes that I cannot compare his planes to others out there but I do know this: This SKY-EV flies straight as a string, climbs to heights at a scary pace and finds lift I don't know is there. The spoilerons, once I got enough throw and figured out the programming, slow it for very controlled landings in my back yard.

Purely a pleasure plane for me and I sure don't profess to know how it stacks up against others out there.

You will not go wrong dealing with ART HOBBY!
(unsolicited, unpaid for commercial)
Old 08-05-2011, 03:39 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well that sounds like a good place to get a sailplane.

I have my 20 plus year old Wonderer 72, Ventus and a not sure what it is. We fly them of my glider tug. The ventus gets about 20 minute flights on average, just a guess. The Fling has to be close to and hour. Of course it is lifted until specked out. Funny thing is, the Fling and the Wonderer make it harder to fly the tug hen the Ventus.

Buzz.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:02 AM
jjmretired
My Feedback: (15)

Excellent quality, great customer support.