Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

HELP - looking for an EON Olympia 419X Plan-set.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

HELP - looking for an EON Olympia 419X Plan-set.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 08:45 PM
BD5wingnut
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP - looking for an EON Olympia 419X Plan-set.

Well, it has been several years since I flew large-scale sailplanes. I have been out of the hobby for quite some time. I really enjoyed building scale birds, I know this is a dieing art when everyone wants ARFs these days. I held onto many old kits and plan-sets through the years, but there is one design that I really love, the EON Olympia 419X.

The original Olympia was designed by Hans Jacob in the mid to late 1930's and later the rights were sold to Elliotts of Newbury in Berkshire England. the final iteration of the Olympia series was the EON Olympia 419X which improved the airfoil and added a retractable main gear, instead of a drop-away dolly.

Anyway... I have a short kit of the EON Olympia 419X (1:4 scale), that was produced around 1998 or '99 and distributed through the old S&E Modeler magazine, which later became Quiet Flyer. The plans were designed by J.G.Watkins. The short kit is laser cut and very complete, I had a set of plans, but they have gone missing.

I am very interested if anyone knows of a set of plans that are available or knows where they can be purchased, I have spent a few hours on Google doing some research to no avail. [&o]

Very Sincerely, Wolf