Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Suggestions on a Larger Glider to Upgrade from the Parkzone Radian with similar Flying Characterists

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Suggestions on a Larger Glider to Upgrade from the Parkzone Radian with similar Flying Characterists

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 07:48 AM
ChrisFlysRC
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions on a Larger Glider to Upgrade from the Parkzone Radian with similar Flying Characterists

I have been flying a great flying Parkzone Radian. Are there any other larger RC electric gliders on the market I could purchase that fly just as good and are built RTF with a wingspan over 80 inches? Thanks for any information.

Chris
Old 04-25-2012, 11:12 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Suggestions on a Larger Glider to Upgrade from the Parkzone Radian with similar Flying Characterists

Try Esprit http://www.espritmodel.com or Soaring USA http://www.soaringusa.com/home.php
Old 04-25-2012, 12:31 PM
ChrisFlysRC

Default RE: Suggestions on a Larger Glider to Upgrade from the Parkzone Radian with similar Flying Characterists

I can check that site out. Id like something RTF most look like ARF models. My radian flys great and I dont want to purchase a radian pro since it wont catch thermal as good. Id like a much larger Glider to fly instead of the small 80 wingspan.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:16 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

The problem is, new, you're not going to find many that are ready to go with the spec's you're giving. None that I can think of in any case.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:19 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last time I did a search, nobody had any ARFs, much less the size you're looking for.

Tower used to have the Bird of Time as an ARF, but you had to modify it to take a motor and it's pretty narrow in the fuselage. So it isn't easy.

There isn't a lot out there.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:32 PM
ChrisFlysRC

I did find one glider but its from Nitro planes the Diamond 2500. It has a 98 inch wingspan. Not sure if its going to be as good a quality glider like what Horizon sells. I guess the only RTF version or PNP is the Radian with a decent wingspan. I just wanted something with a larger wingspan to fly thats RTF. I did see what the above listed websites had on espirt models and soaring USA have but alot of the gliders include the motor. Most look like slope soaring gliders or something to have a towplane take them up to altitude. I guess the Radian is about the best for the money right now so I might just keep flying it.
The Diamond is nice but its similar to the Radian Pro using the aileron setup but has a T tail and rudder. Its a great larger wingspan glider but I dont know if any replacement parts are available.
Thanks for the information. I guess Horizon seems to be the best selling glider right now as far as RTF goes.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:50 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny that there really isn't much out there. Guess fewer people fly sailplanes nowadays.

All I noticed other than foamies in a quick search last night was Tower still has the Vista. It's still not a standard like you're looking for, but isn't a foamy. It'd need the motor upgraded, but is only a touch more than $100 as an ARF.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMUY1&P=ML