Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Vintage Hi-Pro Soarer Plans

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Cloudy Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vintage Hi-Pro Soarer Plans

I am looking to finish a Hi-Pro Soarer I bought in the 70's from Dumas in Arizona. They tell me they sold the line to Spivey Engineering in Alabama who may no longer exist??? Have built the wings and now want to finish the job. I have everything, box and all,but the main plans and instructions that I fear have been eaten. Can anyone out there help me recover from this very frustrating situation?? Thanks
Old 04-17-2012, 01:12 PM
beckerp360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vintage Hi-Pro Soarer Plans

AMA has the plans on line for $14.oo US . AMA Plan Number 30603, see: [email protected].. and they will send them to you PDF form can be down loaded and emailed back or faxed...
I just ordered a set. Someone gave me a fuselage and empenage covered with fabric...it looked better in orange Monocote and inspired me to get the plans and make wings...but then I routinely fly an Olympic 750..( a Oly 650 with 2 extra rib bay pannels on each wing, a kevlar wrapped wing spar for winch launches and ballast compartment for up to 0.5 kg lead for "windy days" ...) Polyhedral wings are OK but this looks like a smaller version of my 3m Dodson Maestro Meghen and that is a treat to fly...full house ( rudder , elevator, flaps, spoilers, ailerons) with 4 chanels and a mixmaster al a Dodson 1978...still flying after all these years... and I have the whole original plan set for that too...