Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Finishing & Painting Elapor Foam

I just bought a Multiplex Easy Glider Pro RR. It is made of Elapor foam. I notice that the wings have a lot of circular surfaceblemishes from the mold, probably. I would like to remove these to have a much smoother surface on the wings.

Any suggestions on how to remove these? Sandpaper?

Also, can I paint Elapor, and with what paint?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Finishing & Painting Elapor Foam

You can use a fine sandpaper like 600-800 then use a water-based paint to spray.

I've had great luck with the Tamiya line of spray paints as they do not interact with the foam molecular structure like most do.

Great plane btw!

Show us a picture when you're finished.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Finishing & Painting Elapor Foam

I finally got my Easy Glider RR assembled and threw it off my raised patio for its maiden flights. It flew very well, and in fact went farther than I expected it would and hit a tree. Now it has several dents in the wing's LE. Does anyone have a suggestion for repairing Elapor?These are dents, not breaks,so is there anything (heat?) that would spring them back out?If it were balsa, I would just put a drop of water on it, but I don't know what to do about Elapor.