Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Flyzone Calypso?

Old 10-20-2012, 10:46 AM
evlwevl
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flyzone Calypso?

I've been away for a while from flying gliders and have been driving my offroad rc cars but I'm back now and ready to pull the trigger on a new powered glider. I'm looking at the Flyzone Calypso reviews and got to see one in person at the last RCX show. It looks fairly consistent with all the other foam powered gliders like the Radian. Does anyone have any experience with this one?
[link]http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplanes/flza3000/index.html[/link]
Old 10-20-2012, 01:35 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: Flyzone Calypso?

Have you read this one..
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1462
Old 10-20-2012, 02:34 PM
evlwevl
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flyzone Calypso?

I did read that review as well as a few others I found. I've been waiting since may to hear anything about it because unfortunately Flyzone sent a rep to RCX that knew nothing of it or powered gliders for that matter even though it was prominently displayed at their booth. After watching a few other video reviews and not hearing anything really bad about it, I pulled the trigger. This will be the first glider purchase in 8 years after coming back from helicopters and 4wd crawlers. I can't wait.