Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HOB 2x6 Glider

I am interested in purchasing and building the 2x6 by House of Balsa. From what research I have done it seems to be a easy builder and inice flier.

In the past I have built and flew the Gentle Lady and Two-Tee. Both were great kits and launched fine off a Hi-start. I think it is time for me to get back to catching some thermals.

Anyway, this is my question: I don't see too many places that carry the kit. Over half of the ones that do are "out of stock". Are they doing away with this kit like the two-tee? I hope not since the two-tee was my favorite. I would email HOB but I don't think they would tell me either way. Anyone heard anthing?

Thanks
    Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HOB 2x6 Glider

Hi Tibadoe. Picked mine up off eBay. They are around but you have to keep an eye out for them. I bought it because it is supposed to be an easy/fast build, but haven't started it yet. I may convert it to a T-Tail, only because I like T-Tails.
    P-51 Mustang Brotherhood #8
    Don't use force, use a bigger hammer!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HOB 2x6 Glider

The build is dead-simple, and it's a surprisingly strong design. That cedar leading edge will survive quite a bit.

It doesn't (in my experience) thermal as well as a Gentle Lady, but that difference is small. It's not very popular anymore- I bought my fist kit of one in 1990 or so, so it's been around for a long time. I bough my most recent kit off of the want ads here.
    EBay is probably your best bet. If you think you'd like to build more than one, make sure you copy the ribs, as the rib patterns aren't included on the plans.