Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

EPP slope

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:17 AM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EPP slope

Found some great deals and also FREE shipping thru Cyber Monday at Magnumrcmodels.com

Old 11-25-2012, 10:23 AM
longsoar

Default RE: EPP slope

why wouldn't you stop posting here? it is commercial advertisement for a website that basically sells crappy stuff..
please stop! better yet work on your website first to make it load faster and be a bit more presentable.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:42 AM
PatternPilot

Longsoar,

First I was just saying how I found some great deals from this vendor. No different than anyone looking for items and people posting links to products. Do you have any of these products? If so what is wrong with the stuff... I have flown the Duster and Cobra and like each one...

Also what site are you saying is slow? Please let me know...is it the CPA site?

I'm a former resident of the Stroudsburg and Long Pond area..was a Paramedic there for years.

Scott
Old 11-25-2012, 11:57 AM
MagnumRC19

Why do you think that Magnum Models sells crappy stuff? Have you ever bought or flown any of our products? If not, what gives you the right to down our products?

Larry Blevins, Owner
MRM
Old 11-25-2012, 12:44 PM
longsoar

If your stuff is so good - make a nice pictures of it, post it and make accessible.
You offer only "Buy Now" buttons and on details page there are small, not descriptive images.
It's always better to see ones than hear 1000 times.
Include detailed info on materials used, images where details can be seen clearly, assembly manual would help, some flight videos etc.

What you offer is poorly designed website and in my book, if you can not create functional website - you can not possibly build a nice, technically sound plane. But that's me.

Also, you use crappy GoDaddy's hosting for 5-8 dollars/mo - for me that means a lot - cheap business produce cheap products.
I understand not all of us are professional webmasters - why not ask around (on appropriate forums) and build a reputable website.
It takes money and professionalism to make money. You cheap posts here won't bring you good SEO links (if you know how this forum is designed).

Name me one user of this forum who is satisfied with your product(s) and who is not your personal friend? Just one!
If you need help in designing and promoting your site - I can help (free or for a very little money), but please, do not try to be a "smart ass" and do not make posts as: "pretend to be a client". Been there, done that...

I wish you lots of luck with your website and as I said - I can help, but do not pollute forums. Become a responsible Internet user and success will come to you!
cheers
Mark

Old 11-25-2012, 01:14 PM
PatternPilot

longsoar,

Well I now know you where not talking about the CPA website being slow.. Anyhow still have family in your neck of the woods, maybe when I come up in the summer you can recommend a slope site... I'm guessing either Bushkill or up on Pohopoco Mountain some where.. ??

Sounds like your a web designer and have heartburn with MRM website? and not his planes ?

Scott Anderson
Classic Pattern Association
Team Airtronics

Old 11-25-2012, 01:19 PM
PatternPilot

longsoar,

Just saw your last video... looks like you fly some electric sailplanes... So what camera ? did not recognize that area, E. Strds somewhere ?

Scott Anderson
Old 11-25-2012, 01:26 PM
MagnumRC19

Apparently you have not purchased or built any of our products. Your criticism about out website has nothing to do with our products that we produce. Our website may not be $1000 website but we do receive very nice comments about our products from our customers. We also have received several reviews done by Dave Garwood in Soaring Digest as well as several of our planes has placed in top positions at the Midwest Slope Challenge. We have a good reputation and we intend to keep it that way.

Larry Blevins, owner
MRM
Old 11-25-2012, 01:28 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

longsoar,
If you could recommend slope sites, more than one from around the area might like to drop by and fly with you. In the meantime, please take a moment to reread the paragraph directly above the input box all RCU members use when posting. RCU likes for posts to remain friendly and helpful. Please refrain from telling other posters what and how they should post. Consider offering direct advice to others using Personal Messages when the advice has nothing to do with gliders or EPP slope planes (as is the topic of this thread).
Old 11-25-2012, 02:39 PM
longsoar

da Rock,
You gotta be kidding! Original poster is spamming and you put a blame on me? Nice!
I do not know any good slope site around the area. The last video is from my back yard in Tannersville close to Fish Hill and Church Cherry Lane.
Am I wrong the GoDaddy service sucks? It does!
The reason I made comments on a website like that is usually when people sell "not so good stuff" on their websites - products usually lack good description and good images. That's what I see there.
If I want to sell something - I'd rather spend my time creating great product description, take great images and adopt them for the web.
If I place a link for a big image - image will include details, it will be big enough for people to see. What's the point of linking identical thumbnail as a big image?
Just my observation.

As for good reviews - we all know how they made on the Internet. That's the reason I do not read them and my opinion usually based on what I see.
No matter how big and reputable company is - if they do not bother creating a good presentation - I personally will not buy from them. Cutting corners becomes a second nature for everything. If you cut corners developing your website - you will do the same creating your products. It's a human's nature.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:00 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, but I'm not kidding or even close to it. Whether the OP is just an ordinary member, an owner or employee of a hobby concern, the original post is within the RCU guidelines.

On the other hand, your opinion of the products based on your opinion of the website seemed written to embarrass and came very close to insulting. More importantly, the original post was about slope soaring with EPP gliders. Nothing in your post addressed that.

When you have a bone to pick, pick it with a pm. If you think a post violates RCU rules, click the REPORT button in the lower right of that post. An email will be sent instantly to the moderator responsible for that forum. A flag is also raised that can also alert higher moderators.

Telling other members what they should post is really not the content desired. When you feel compelled to tell somebody something that personal, shoot them a pm. You want to help 'em, do it directly. You want to cut spam off, REPORT what you feel is spam. But support your case if you will with a cut and paste from the RCU rules please.

Further posts in this thread here really should be about EPP slope soaring. It's perfectly acceptable to post about the company mentioned in the original post, or any that come up. But keep it civil. And back your opinion with personal experience.

Like I just mentioned, further posts should be about the EPP soaring....
Old 11-25-2012, 03:00 PM
PatternPilot

okay on location I worked for Central Ambulance as a medic there in Tannersville... So I have the general area, I'm sure I have been up in that area running calls as we covered all of Monroe Co.

You should try Camel Back for a slope site ? plus with a EPP plane if you made a of Mountain landing it would not be to bad...

Scott
Old 11-25-2012, 03:12 PM
longsoar

da Rock,
"Found some great deals and also FREE shipping thru Cyber Monday" is NOT about slope soaring with any gliders! It's a commercial advertising full blast.

PatternPilot - there is my YouTube video on Camelback. It is fun but a bit tricky on landings. Shot me a PM if you feel like it - I'd be maiden my Graphite 2E as soon as the weather clears.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:13 PM
MagnumRC19

Thank you nicely said.

Larry