Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

PSS sloper, perhaps?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:33 PM
mick1404

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSS sloper, perhaps?

hello all,
It has been a while since my last visit and I thought it might be time for a slly question. Iwas just wondering if anyone has used an existing aircraft, electric or glow and have converted it for slope soaring (removing power plant and replaced it with ballast/ battery, removelanding gear etc.)And what other mods would be required to make it possible.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:19 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: PSS sloper, perhaps?

What mods to enable a power plane to slope?

Removing the prop works. I've won a bet or two doing that with a Bridi trainer. Good slope and good breeze is all you need. So far I've yet to see any other tricycle gear equipped sloper, wheels and all. Yeah, it would have been even better without the gear, but it did fine and there were no plans to change it's purpose. It taught a number of people to fly power and taught a few glider guiders a fairly simple lesson. And made me a couple of dollars a couple of times.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:16 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: PSS sloper, perhaps?

The old Combat Models F-16 could be built for either power or glider.