Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

The HobbyKing Ventus EPO PNF glider V2

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

The HobbyKing Ventus EPO PNF glider V2

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Brettis1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The HobbyKing Ventus EPO PNF glider V2

anyone got one of these recently. just received mine
Old 02-17-2013, 01:48 PM
01VIPER27
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The HobbyKing Ventus EPO PNF glider V2

I do. You got a question?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Brettis1

Did you keep it stock standard or have made any mods. As mine came less control horns for the wings and the R/E ones arent that good I'm getting some better ones. I'm going to get some better pushrods and stronger clevises too.And as the rudder arrived detatched from the fin I will add some hinges.Also deciding whether to add a wing joiner in the front .
Old 02-18-2013, 12:31 PM
01VIPER27

I flew it stock for a few flights until I ruined the servos and stock motor. After that I replaced the motor with a TR2217/16-1050 motor, 40A Plush ESC, 10x8 folder prop, and 3S 2200LiPo. As for the wing I taped over the foam hinges, replaced the main spar insert with sometihing stiffer as well as use a 2nd spar insert to stiffen the wing altogether by about 50%, and replaced all 7 the servos with 15178. Obviously all parts are from HK

The CG of the plane did not change. It is dead center of the main spar.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Brettis1

Do you think the servos are cooking because of the stiffness of the wings. i'm tempted to either CA some mylar hinges in or possiblt slice through the foam hinges maybe 50% lenth to see if that eases them up a bit.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:58 PM
01VIPER27

No mine broke. I did excersise the foam ailrons and flaps before I flew it.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Brettis1

I also have read it came out very nose heavy. was thinking of actually removing landing gear and servos and run some tape underneath as I have always had a grassed area to land. in saying that the pnf version looks like its in there to stay.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:28 PM
01VIPER27

i had mine initialy perfectly balanced but everytime I powered off to glide it became hard to fly. In saying that, when you get yours and have everything set-up in place and just about ready to fly make sure your CG is direcly under the Main spar and that the flats of your wing is perfectly horizontal, from there move your battery pack forward that the glider noses down just enough to tip the scale. This will ensure that the glider will properly glide when you power OFF to glide in flight. A heavy nose just enough to tip the scale forward will give you the authority to fly any plane.

If you find yours too nose heavy simply move the battery pack back and if that is not enough simply shove your ESC farther back into the cavity under the main wing. Do not remove the wheel. It will make your Ventus weaker. The wheel tucks into place perfectly out of the way. You don't have to use it if you do not want to so you can easily tape over it if you want.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Brettis1

so it is roughly 30mm back like they recommend.i also see they have rear mounted the motor which a PIA so looks like I'll have to split the fuse to remove it and then glue a front mount on.Might leave that till I have to do it.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:34 AM
01VIPER27

Whatever you do whatever you change, the CG should alweays be under the Main Spar then tip it a little nose heavy and you will always be good to go.