Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Aileron Servo mounting

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 06:22 AM
kargo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aileron Servo mounting

Hey Gang,

I'm trying to figure out how to mount the servos in my klingberg wing. A buddy did it by cutting a hole in the rib. I've seen this in a few pictures, but am unsure of the rules of thumb for this. How big a hole is too much, how strong a servo can you do this with, etc. I looking for kits that have ailerons, but am coming up short. So, does anyone have some suggestions on how to mount aileron servos through wing ribs?

Beyond that, light mounting for aileron servos. I know about using a sheet of 1/16in ply, and have instructions about wing mounting aileron servos from my hog bipe, but what a lot of weight! Anyone have any ideas on how do this without adding too much weight?

Links to other threads, sites, etc. Any sources of info would be appreciated.

Thanks Kargo