Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

SOARING USA??WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

SOARING USA??WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 05:31 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SOARING USA??WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!!

Send the owner of the shop those pictures maybe that will help your case. I understand you though, You pay out big bucks and get damaged goods, not cool. Filing a complaint with your credit card company is the way to go. Send him all photos as evidence. Surely they could send you just a wing.

Good luck
Old 05-15-2013, 05:44 PM
longsoar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: wahoo

ORIGINAL: MX240

That little dent??
Give me a break.
One reason I would never be a hobby shop dealer.
For $1268 you wouldn't be happy either, who you kidding ?
Guys,
I don't care if it's $1,268 or $10 - it's you hard earned money you agree to exchange for the product in initial shape and form. If something is not per agreement - something has to be worked-out to re-negotiate the transaction.
But that's the way I see how my money spent.
In my view - it does not matter where wing was damaged (as long as it was not damaged by the customer) - retail store (Soaring USA) has resolve the issue either by applying the shipping insurance or their own funds.
If they do not use shipping insurance - I wouldn't want to deal with them.
Hope they would make this one right - it'll bring more business on the long run.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:57 PM
bajaloya

Thank you wahoo, I was to about said the same, but I will try not to get into provocations. I am confident honest people can see this is not right. Even if you have a money printing machine in your backyard, this is not a cheap plane. I place my confidence in the wrong hands while ordering it, since my hobby money is not plenty
ORIGINAL: wahoo

ORIGINAL: MX240

That little dent??
Give me a break.
One reason I would never be a hobby shop dealer.
For $1268 you wouldn't be happy either, who you kidding ?
Old 05-15-2013, 06:08 PM
bajaloya

Yes I will, for 1268 usd. I sent him all the pictures, he wanted to give me 100 usd for buy stuff only in Soar USA ( of course I refused) then he kindly wrote;

""IF you do not want to repair the wing, you can return the model to us, at your expense.

When we get it back here, and inspect it, we will credit your account 1268+75 shipping.

We will repair the tip here, and resell the model locally.""

???????????what was he smoking????????

ORIGINAL: silverman1

Send the owner of the shop those pictures maybe that will help your case. I understand you though, You pay out big bucks and get damaged goods, not cool. Filing a complaint with your credit card company is the way to go. Send him all photos as evidence. Surely they could send you just a wing.

Good luck
Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 PM
cloudburner

You might at least assemble the wings on the fuse and check it for warps upside down. Molded ships can get warps. If its not warped then keep it, fix it and fly it like you stole it. All 3 of my moldies needed a wingpin or warps changed by heat. All were 2 part wings.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:39 PM
pitts150hp

BOUGHT A VIP AND THE PRODUCT WAS DAMAGED BEFORE IT WAS PUT IN BOX .GOT THE SAME TREATMENT. FINALLY JUST REPAIRED IT AND FINISHED THE MODEL .DONOT LIKE THERE PR AND PAYING THE BIG PRICES TO GET DAMAGED GOODS .ALSO THERE COMMENTS .PLEASE NO REPLYS . THIS IS TO EXPRESS THERE PR
Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 PM
ARUP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard for me to make a determination of damage as a consequence of shipment or outright 'fraud' as you put it. I wouldn't want the damaged goods, either and would just get a refund thru credit card. Life is short. Get this over and fly! BTW- I build my own and do not purchase ARFs. I am going to mold a Phoebus very soon but it will never be for sale even though I will have made all of the molds. I prefer Vintage Wood, however.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Bro

Hello,
I usually do not do this, but I figured some may need to hear the other side of this unfortunate situation...

This customer Alejandro Baez ordered a model from us. We packed the model, in our standard 700# test custom box, with wood inside.
Our shipping is the best in the business! The model was shipped, Fedex to Florida insured.

Here's where it gets dicey...
Another, 4th party transported the model from Miami, to Denmark. We do not even know the name of this company, nor are they at all affiliated with SoaringUSA.
Nor do we have any idea of how it was tranported, or if was insured.

The model arrived with a crease on the tip. Alejando DEMANDED, and I use capitals because this is the way he communicated with my employees, and then myself.

I told him even though we have no control over 4th party shipping companies, as it is not in our control, I offed him 100 store credit in good faith.
or
If he returned the model to us, as his expense, we would give him a full refund, including the shipping to Florida he paid us.

We have been in business for 10 years. We have many happy customers, and they do come first! But I guess it is impossible to may 100% of them happy, all the time...

I will not be posting in this thread anymore, but I did have a few of our good clients email me, and say that there was some "slander" going on RCU that I needed to know about.

Best regards,
Bob
Old 05-15-2013, 09:08 PM
longsoar

Thant's the reason I buy models within US being a US resident making sure it is shipped with reputable shipping company and always insured to the top. So far so good.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Bro

Long,

Yes luckily we do have an advantage here!
Yes we do ship world wide and our problems are very, very few.
But when there is a 4th party involved and we have no recourse, it makes it tough.
How can we be held responsible for something that we do not have any control, or insurance on?

From the very beginning he was calling my employees liars saying they knew they had a broken model, packed it and sent it to him.

Best,
Bob
Old 05-15-2013, 10:06 PM
longsoar

Bob,
If you've been in business for 10 years that means you should have smarts not to use shady shipping parties.
If you do - I'd say you are responsible for shipment.
If you don't and third party is used by the customer - than you are not responsible provided you provide good packing. But you have to let customers know of the issue and give them a fair warning.
I wish this incident will be resolved peacefully with fair credits to both parties.
Regards,
Mark
Old 05-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Bro

Hi Mark,
We use fedex, insured. Our crew inspect every model prior to packing, and are very skilled at packaging.
Not sure how, or what he arranged his shipping with. But we alway make it clear, that we cannot be responsible.

Best,
Bob
Old 05-16-2013, 01:55 AM
bajaloya

you are lying, this is not true!!!, I am asking for a refund of 1278 usd plus 75S to my visa card, the plane was packed defective for your employees . You are acting like this, because you know it is too expensive for me to return the model, so I will keep it broken and you will keep my money. I am the client, I am right. Period
You were not making me an offer, you treat me like ****.
Will get my money, if you like your plane back, PAY FOR THE SHIPPING BACK, only afterwards, after I receive the funds, I will send it to you
I am the honest man here.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:15 AM
bajaloya

Everything you said is like a punch in my face again. This is extremely unusual. I have been writting to you 25 e mails, calling three times in order to make my complaint, making two internet forums in order to be heard. If a have any doubt that my shipping forwarding did this, them I will not waste my time or the peoples time in here. I will not let my blood pressure got so high in those four days of complaining what I think must be automatic: you send me the new wing.
It is amazing what a client has to pass in order to make a complaint in your company, the humilliation I do have to suffer by hearing you keeping saying things that are not true!!!. I will not rest, I will no just go and fly as people said here until you get it.
You are not running a monopoly were you can sell defective models as new. Worst, you can not sell those high end expensives models like this, defective without informing the client before!!!!
You can not give "offers" to the client as an ultimatum, take or leave it situation. Your offer was very rude, everyone read it here. Tell them you didnt write it!! (will not be a surprise...)
I will get my money back, from you or my visa.
You will get the plane when I do receive the shipping amount from you in my CC. (not my account with you, as you were trying to do, I am not that stupid!!)
My freight forwarding, is a door to door, it took 1 (one) day to my home from USA. I have been working with those guys for years. NO ONE OPENED THE BOX. NO COSTUMS WERE INVOLVED.
Facing your problems yourself instead blaming clients will keep you in business!!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:30 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, enough.......

Both sides have been heard from. Time for a court recess.

This thread is locked. Please re-read and consider the rules we agree to when we register, especially the one we see every input:
Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)
This thread has gone way beyond being a glider topic. Most posts within it are venting that you were asked in the rules to "take offline". Calling someone a lier repeatedly goes beyond RCUniverse's rules. The rule directly above the post input window clearly asks that we not insult or degrade anyone in our posts. Repeatedly calling someone a lier does just that.

enough........
Old 03-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Airmail2

Wow, I just was surfing around on the web to find out who really owns SoaringUsa.com, and came across this thread. You are sooooo right. The same thing happened to me. I expressed my concerns, and they are now ignoring my emails, and the secretary tells me the guy Gary is busy. I purchased a Dragonfly Strong-E, and it also came to me with broken wingtips. And they were laid in the box like they were put in there that way when packaged. This place is a real rip-off.
After reading your post, I am going to contact the better business bureau, and the federal trade commission. Not Kidding. This place really pisses me off.
So, basically this company is selling second hand trash. They are getting seconds, and selling them as top notch premium models. Total, I spent with them is over 1400 dollars.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:11 PM
sierratango

Crappy situation,

I agree with the buyer, some of us pride ourselves on the quality of our planes and how well we maintain them. Some of us don't fly in risky locations because we want to keep the gliders looking great. This poor guy doesn't even have a chance to screw the pooch, someone did it for him.

I hate this situation. One reason I spend countless hours building my own hollow molded masterpieces.

Sorry for your troubles, and by the way that doesn't look like a tear in covering. Those wing skins are hollow molded fiberglass or carbon over Rohacell foam. Difficult to repair flawlessly, especially considering the paint.

Not a smart thing for someone to say.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:48 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

OK, this was apparently unlocked due to the recent system switchover. It's been re-locked and any new discussions about Soaring USA should be done with a new thread.