Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

The Parkzone Radian Coalition ~TPRC~

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

The Parkzone Radian Coalition ~TPRC~

Old 08-31-2014, 11:07 PM
Ernie Misner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am just having too much fun with my tiny UMX Radian this summer. Did notice though that there are many more posts and pages on the RC Groups (HK) forums. For example the Adagio just came out and they have reams of pages on that.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:24 PM
DieHarder

I searched my zip code "49417". The first listing was the club that I am a part of, Tri-Cities R/C Fliers. I am an official member there, but we never have any competitions. I just fly with a couple other guys who have Radians and gliders. I saw something about the WMSS being in Traverse City, but not sure on that. I can't find where the WMSS has a dedicated field or flying area. It's like they just have a club, but no club location. I recognize the Tulip City club. Some of the guys from the Tri-Cities club have gone down to Holland for the Tulip City club. Also, I know of a club up in Spring Lake that I could go to. The problem with all this, is none of these clubs 'host' competitions. They are just clubs. Since I can't get out to fly anymore than one night a week, I couldn't really join another club and be able to participate very much. My sister is getting her license soon, so maybe she could drive me to a couple more RC nights out. Maybe...
Old 09-16-2014, 03:58 AM
buchtes
My Feedback: (7)

need help programming my Radian with Fut. T12FGA, having problems with Motor settings
Old 09-16-2014, 05:41 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't have that radio but I do have a Futaba 9C, so there might be some similarities. What kind of throttle problems are you having? This is a simple 3 channel glider. Throttle goes on channel 3 and operated by the left stick.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:51 PM
Tglenn

Default Fix

Originally Posted by DieHarder
Great! Except, it seems as if your the only one, but me. I crashed my Radian into a blueberry bush this past week. The bush grabbed and tore the rudder/elevator entire assembly off. It's still hanging on by the pushrods. I'm not sure if I should try and glue it (It may not be the same or straight) or if I should go out and spend $30 on a new fuselage and transfer all electronics over to the new one. What the guys here think about this? Also, I blame the crash on my stupidity to go out in 25mph gusting winds. BIG MISTAKE!!
Sorry to reply to such an old post but I did the same thing and went to he hobby shop for some steel pin hinges. This fix/mod makes the plane better Han new and is very simple and cost about $2
Old 10-04-2014, 01:53 PM
DieHarder

So wait, what exactly do you mean by pin hinges? Like sinking small diameter rods through the fuselage lengthwise? I've heard of that mod.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Tglenn

Google search "robart steel pin hinge"
Old 10-13-2014, 03:45 AM
20181c

Just ordered one, now I have to find out what Flex, Camber and Crow functions are. I will be setting it up on my JR12X.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:12 PM
DieHarder

20181c: What do you think of the Radian so far?
Old 10-23-2014, 02:54 AM
20181c

Die Harder: I flew it once and am very impressed. My buddy was so impressed that he ordered one. I am heading south for the winter and the Radian is going with me.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Scrivo

Hi all. I got hooked on radians after buying the micro UMX Radian...Fantastic little model. I've flown gliders before, but this little radian made me realise what I'd been missing. I recently purchased the larger Radian (not pro) and after changing the decolage (angle of stab), it flies and floats just like the real thing, and floats for ages. I've also moved the cog back from 2.5" to 3.5" which has added to the enjoyable flying experience. I highly recommend both the umx radian and it's larger brother.
Dave.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:43 AM
aeajr

The Radian is about the best value in RC Soaring. Great for beginners and great for experienced pilots.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:30 AM
aeajr

If any of your Radian pilots are interested in getting a taste of contest flying and are within a few hours of Long Island, NY, come on down to our ALES contest April 25 and 26.

If you are an accomplished pilot you an fly Expert or Sportsman but if you are new at this you can fly Novice. Novice pilots fly FREE.

Information can be found here:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-gliders-sailplanes-slope-soaring-112/11612119-fun-e-glider-event-long-island-ny-april-25-26-2015-a.html#post11963490

Last edited by aeajr; 01-17-2015 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Plugs01

Doesn't look like this thread has been used in a while, but I am not sure where it is best to post my question. I just put together my brand new Radian Pro today. Weather was good so I took it out to fly. I launched it with full power, neutral elevator, and it went straight into the dirt. Not too much damage. I took it home and put it all back together again and decided to do a CG check (the manual states it is not necessary "if the battery is secured in the fuselage using the front-to-rear and side hook and lock straps.") This securing apparatus came out in the crash so I left it out. I found the battery had to be placed quite a ways back to get the CG at the proper 70 mm aft of the wing leading edge at the root. So this time I had my son and launch it with no power. Same result! Straight into the dirt even with me holding up elevator on the controls. I remember reading a review somewhere before I bought this that someone else had this problem. I don't know what I should be doing. Ever heard of this?
Old 04-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Plugs01

Problem fixed.
The first flight into the dirt was a CG problem. With the securing tie-down/bracket removed I could put the battery much further aft and get the CG where the manual says it should be. The second power-off crash was my fault......went back to the beginning and checked the controls - the elevators were reversed. I didn't pay that close of attention when checking them because the manual says " left and right servo connectors do not have to be connected to a particular side of a Y-harness". For what it is worth, the rudder was also backwards and that came connected from the factory. Therefore it must be the transmitter. I reversed the servos on my Spektrum DX-5E. I took it back out to the field and it flew wonderfully. I am going to love this sail plane!
Old 04-05-2016, 04:22 AM
FBaity

Good to hear you figured out your problem, have fun.

Frank