RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Why do they hate DLG?

Old 09-13-2014, 07:25 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Stryker48 View Post
Forget about flying DLG or most gliders for that matter at any model flying club. While some members would be OK with it most will have an issue.(club rules or not!)
One reason I stopped flying at clubs was all the heir-achy within the club members themselves, especially when it came to the models they fly.
I now fly smaller electric models and DLG gliders (responsibly) at large local parks in my area and never looked back.
Ya want to fly DLGs? Are you anywhere near Long Island? DLGs definitely welcome at our club. In fact we host 3 DLG contests a year.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:23 AM
glideher

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i have also stopped flying at clubs, its has become very political and i want no part in that. I fly at local parks, random mountain tops and i have a blast to be honest. these club member and their rules does not effect me no longer
cheers and happy holidays to you all..keep DLGing y'all
Old 01-03-2019, 03:22 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Do you realize you responded to a discussion that has been dead for over 4 years?
Old 03-09-2019, 09:51 AM
glideher

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

oh lol i usually dont bother looking at the date, hey better late than never i suppose!!?
and why is it dead, lets continue the discussion hehe
Old 03-11-2019, 04:34 PM
foodstick

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

While this is an old thread, I admit I learned a few new things about this type of glider I hadn't realized. Only one member in my club used to fly these.. I really think the plane type is interesting. But after reading a few things on the effect it can have at some field designs,I do see where it could be a problem. Our field is setup in a way that a person on the end of the field ..with good control wouldn't interfere with others. But I do see how it might cause issues at some fields.