Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Spektrum telemetry

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 02:42 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spektrum telemetry

Has anyone found write-ups on the telemetry functions?

It'd be nice to know for example if the variometer software is mute or what is a sensible way to set it for use, etc.

Simply plugging in things to find out what happens seems a bit..... ...... unsupported.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:51 PM
JMCHASE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the variometer does speak through the transmitter. you need to assign a switch to it then when you toggle the switch it tells you feet above ground. i'm assuming you have one supplied by Spektrum.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:54 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks JM, I was beginning to believe I was the only one to ever buy the vario. Or at least the Spektrum one.

That altitude report seems a bit thin as a vario function. I used to have one that gave out a tone. It went up in pitch for lift, and down (bass) for sink. Only used it a couple of cross country runs many years ago, so it got lost over time.

It seems like there would be more to a vario's audio output. Especially since a vario function is to report if you're in lift or not, and specific altitude means pretty much nothing. Oh well.... not the first time the modeling industry didn't understand functionality.