Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Spring is here. Time for an ALES electric sailplane contest on Long Island April 23

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Spring is here. Time for an ALES electric sailplane contest on Long Island April 23

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 05:21 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Spring is here. Time for an ALES electric sailplane contest on Long Island April 23

At the end of last season the County cut the entire field so we have a huge open space to work with.

Registration is here:
http://www.flyesl.org/Contest.aspx?contestid=236

This will be flown as two one day contests so come Saturday or Sunday or both.

So far we have 17 pilots registered. I have set a limit of 40 but I don't expect we will get to that number. But 25 to 30 makes a great field. Depending on how many come we will fly 3 or 4 flight groups so we should get in plenty of rounds.

Lunch will be available. We will be bringing in our famous Long Island Deli Heros so that you won't be hungry.

Expert and Sportsman awards to 3rd place.

Novices fly free and will receive a certificate so bring your newbie buddies whether they fly a Radian or a Supra. If they have never flown an ESL contest we will make sure they feel welcome and have a great time.

We will have the field open Friday, around noon, for practice.

Ed Anderson
Co-CD
LISF