RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Another Radian question

Old 05-12-2016, 06:07 AM
JMCHASE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Another Radian question

when can I get one

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	2162126   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	2162127  
Old 05-20-2016, 03:05 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HH listed them yesterday on their site, pre-order. Looks great!
Old 05-28-2016, 03:52 PM
xviper-1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you haven't found out yet, it's supposed to be July 1 for USA, approx. July 11 for Canada, although Canadians can order online from US vendors (Horizon and MotionRC) but will pay dearly for shipping, brokerage. Buying from a Canadian shop will be about the same as what Horizon is charging in Canadian dollars but no shipping (or free shipping from shops not in your city).
Old 07-19-2016, 04:51 PM
GlenIronPa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Are they restarting model? Please say yes....I just lost mine over the forest out back!!!! I've had it for 5-6 years. Just got a new fuselage and wings this year. Had trouble getting the controls dialed in....pluck into the forest it went.

Last edited by GlenIronPa; 07-20-2016 at 04:55 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:43 PM
xviper-1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It is my understanding from reading posts by Horizon reps on other forums, that the XL is on back order and will be available sometime later in August. Horizon is trying to resolve some of the deficiencies of the first batch before re-releasing. You did see the 2 service bulletins for the XL? They involve some re-gluing of some structural bracing. Some planes needed it, some didn't. They hope to ensure that all planes have been properly glued before release.
You may still find some product and parts at hobby shops around the country.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:22 AM
GlenIronPa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Holy cow....found it at MotionRc. I didn't realize/notice that one is XL...8.5 ft wing span....that's a little too much for me. I found the base Radian there. I haven't been to these forums in years and didn't know e-flite took over the radian from parkzone or any other planes or even the whole company? Thanks for the info.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:08 AM
xviper-1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by GlenIronPa View Post
Holy cow....found it at MotionRc. I didn't realize/notice that one is XL...8.5 ft wing span....that's a little too much for me. I found the base Radian there. I haven't been to these forums in years and didn't know e-flite took over the radian from parkzone or any other planes or even the whole company? Thanks for the info.
I didn't realize that you were talking about the original, 2.0m Radian. This thread is about the XL. Sorry.
Eflite is taking over many of the Parkzone products. The Eflite Radian still uses Parkzone servos, same motor, same ESC, same prop. The biggest difference is in the wing/fuse attachment. The current 2.0 Radian uses screws to hold the wings on. Hence, the wings and fuse are not interchangeable with the old Parkzone Radian. Additionally, the new Radian wings and fuse are not interchangeable with the Radian Pro. The Pro takes 2 screws per side to attach the wings while the regular Radian takes 1 per side.
As far as I known, the Eflite 2.0 Radian is available and will continue to be available in the foreseeable future. If you really want the original Parkzone Radian, try searching all online stores both USA and Canada. Some hobby shops may have old stock still on the shelf.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:54 AM
GlenIronPa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I lost mine in the forest so E-flite's Radian will do fine.