Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Super Thin Turbulator Stripes for Sailplanes

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Super Thin Turbulator Stripes for Sailplanes

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 02:26 AM
kazaklisglider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Thin Turbulator Stripes for Sailplanes

Hello,

These are the three final versions of my CNC produced thin turbulator stripes… some changes have been made regarding the stripe total length available in each particular set… to better suit the requirements of different size ships.The material has a “soft” adhesive system and so can be easily and safely repositioned within the first weeks to find the best percentage/chord position for your particular model… all are 0.10 mm thickness but the width and angle varies for each version.

Their total transparency matches every color scheme… in the photos attached a portion of the sheet is painted silver to aid visualization… they can also be bent quite easily to negotiate curved leading edges and wing tips.In the flight department a pilot can expect enhanced low speed performance… better climb rate combined with predictable/stable turning abilities… a key factor however is experimentation to find the best chord position as each wing surface/airfoil combo has a different BL flow behavior… a two page instruction manual is provided with each set to aid the pilot for this procedure… it also covers practical application tips.

Quite a number of interesting threads can be followed in internet for those who are not entirely familiar about turbulator usage.

You can see the Turbulator Versions below:

Versions Suitable Wing Size Stripe Length Price
Maxi Turbulators 3 to 4m 9 x 0.9m = 8,1m 35 Euros
Midi Turbulators 1,5 to 3m 7 x 0.9m = 6,3m 30 Euros
Micro Turbulators 0,8 to 1,5m 5 x 0.9m = 4,5m 25 Euros

Wingspans are only given as a guideline and experimentation is essential to find the best results.

I send all my packages Registered in the buyer’s name with Tracking Number and link provided to follow its progress… shipping included in price.
I accept PayPal and i can ship the item in 2 working days, notifying about shipping details.

You can contact me at [email protected]
Regards,
Tasos.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001 (2).jpg
Views:	70
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	2233752   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0024 (2).jpg
Views:	67
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	2233753   Click image for larger version