Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Cleveland OH/NE OH flying

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 06:25 AM
dragos_cscc
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleveland OH/NE OH flying

Looking for people in the area who are currently flying. Any good sites for slope soaring? A while back people were flying at edge water park, not sure if anybody does anymore.

Thanks

D
Old 04-27-2016, 04:56 PM
Cycotravlr

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think anyone fly's sailplanes in Northeast Ohio. I've got a Kit sitting on the shelf waiting to be built but I can't find anyone in the Canton/Akron area that do Sailplanes. Good luck on your Sailplane endeavors.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:03 AM
dragos_cscc
My Feedback: (5)

There are some people in cleveland that fly at edgewater park and valley view. Might be too far for you, let me know if you want more info.

D
Old 07-02-2016, 03:11 AM
dgregg65

There are at least three 2m sailplanes in NE Ohio that are flying. I have three of them that I fly out of my backyard. These are thermal gliders, not slope soarers; a 2m riser, an old 2m spectra converted to lipo and a Tower Hobbies Vista. I am not aware of any clubs specific to sailplanes but most rc clubs have at least one guy who flies them.

PSB - Why haven't you built your sailplane? You don't need other people to enjoy them.

Last edited by dgregg65; 07-02-2016 at 03:14 AM.