RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Folding prop bolt and nut

Old 07-23-2018, 05:24 PM
JGalt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Folding prop bolt and nut

Well, my maiden flight of the Tower Hobbies Vista BL was great except I broke the prop. Yeah I know, cut power...but I'm getting back into RC and am sort of hamfisted. Can anyone tell me about the bolt and nuts holding the folding blades? Size etc. and if there is a recommended nut driver or wrench set to make removal and replacement easier? I am attached image with an arrow show the parts.
Sure do thank you all for the help you rendered in the past!
John
Old 07-23-2018, 08:31 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Take it to a hardware store and ask them to match it up.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:07 AM
JGalt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for responding aeajr. Yeah, I thought of that but was looking for an actual replacement that might also have a couple of driver (wrenches) to make installation easier.
John
Old 08-30-2018, 03:36 PM
H201B

The prop blade hinge pins consist of a metric threaded stud and 2 lock nuts. If you go to the hardware store you won't find what you are looking for but you might find something that will work. Your best (albeit expensive) bet is to order a new assembly from Tower.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:34 AM
JGalt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by H201B View Post
The prop blade hinge pins consist of a metric threaded stud and 2 lock nuts. If you go to the hardware store you won't find what you are looking for but you might find something that will work. Your best (albeit expensive) bet is to order a new assembly from Tower.
luckily I purchased a spare set with the plane. Tower discontinued selling just the props so I ordered a complete prop & spinner assembly. Oh well. The hardware store can never seem to have the right size nuts/bolts. One old timer there told me they make these items in a bunch of countries some where quality is low so no after market parts will work. Usually it is a thread issue.

Last edited by JGalt; 08-31-2018 at 12:39 AM.