Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

HELP WITH RIPMAX F5B EVOLUTION!!!

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

HELP WITH RIPMAX F5B EVOLUTION!!!

Old 09-29-2003, 03:23 AM
mystang97
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP WITH RIPMAX F5B EVOLUTION!!!

I just got a Ripmax Evolution F5B glider, and am really thrilled with the finish of this airplane. Unfortunately, my arf is less than complete, and in the box was included, a fuselage, tail, and a wing, with no manual, recommendations for drive, hardware, or any other information. Trying to contact ripmax with no success to obtain at least a manual. Anyone with this glider that can offer any assistance, would be greatly appreicated. I have found a number of motors that would seem to power the plane well, as well as speed controls by Graupner, from NE Sail, and Astroflight, though I really don't know much about the new competition rules to be honest, and don't know what is legal in drivetrain setup. Any general help, motor, speed control, and other recommendations would once again be greatly appreciated. I appreciate any help offered, without any kind of manual, this is proving to be greatly difficult.

Please help a fellow glider guy out!

-d
Old 09-29-2003, 10:50 PM
mystang97

Default RE: HELP WITH RIPMAX F5B EVOLUTION!!!

Come on guys!! Someone has to have this plane. I need some help here. THanks
-D
Old 09-30-2003, 10:48 AM
SoarNeck

There was an article on this model in Quiet and Electric Flight a couple of months ago. You could try getting a back issue through Traplet.

Otherwise, go ask this question at www.rcgroups.com in the electric sailplane forum...there aren't a whole lot of people over here that could answer this one.

What competition are you trying to stay legal for? F5B/F? Class A/B sailplane?
Old 09-30-2003, 02:56 PM
mystang97

thanks im checking all of that out. Im not really sure what the competition rules are. Do you have any info on that??
-d
Old 10-06-2003, 10:29 PM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mystang,
Ripmax has a website (www.ripmax.com) and they have an e-mail line in it.
My experience with Ripmax was with the coyote slope glider. Instructions were printed on the back of the box and were rudimentary at best.
I think the problem with Ripmax is that they are really a distributor and not a model manufacturer. I looked up the Evolution and they pretty much say that you're on your own as far as motor, radio, other equipment.
Wish I could help you more. Just for the record, I really enjoy my coyote. It's a great little slope machine, so good luck.

papermache