Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

A few Sailplane Questions- Fly in DC, HL glider

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

A few Sailplane Questions- Fly in DC, HL glider

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 10:17 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default A few Sailplane Questions- Fly in DC, HL glider

A few quick questions, I got my 20 something year old 2M Scooter back in flying condition- where are sailplane fields in the Washington DC area? Would love to get a couple of days of practice in and then very interested in going to a sailplane contest or two.

Another quick question- whats a good RC HL glider now? Interested in something relatively durable, easy to put together, or a used one. Understand the technology is now more toward discuss (wing flings).

Thanks for the responses.

Coming out of the stone ages,
Don
Old 10-26-2003, 12:08 AM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: A few Sailplane Questions- Fly in DC, HL glider

I'm excited to say that I picked up a HLG called an Omega at an auction last weekend. The plane is an ARF, unbelievable quality, professional looking and the price was very, very good. Auctions are a good place to pick up some great deals. I plan to put in JR 241 servos for the ailerons and elevator/rudder v-tail, a JR 600M rx and small 270 mA pack. I am really looking forward to flying this glider.

Anyone that has experience with this I'd be happy to dialogue. I am so looking forward to tossing it and searching for some great thermals.

Thanks,
Don
Old 10-26-2003, 04:18 AM
morgoth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend has an omega HLG ..but his one is with an electric motor..
anyway..the omega is perfect for thermals and flying great..
good luck with it(;
Old 10-26-2003, 06:49 PM
AcintSpec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don:

Don't know if you got hooked up with a place to fly yet or not. CASA, Capital Area Soaring Assn, is active in your neck of the woods and have a couple of places where they meet and fly. On the web at www.soarcasa.org. Skip Schow and the rest of the guys up there are a great bunch. On the other side of the beltway is BASS over in Baltimore. Further out but another good group to fly with.

R/Gene