Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

F3B or F3F (Seirra) from art hobby

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

F3B or F3F (Seirra) from art hobby

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 05:18 AM
dugman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F3B or F3F (Seirra) from art hobby

I am looking to buy a nice f3b or f3f sailplane. Noticed a plane called the Sierra from art Hobby. Does anyone have experience with this one or have any recommendations to make for another good sailplanes of this type.

Thanks Doug
Old 04-29-2002, 03:17 PM
Ollie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sierra

A couple of my flying buddies have Sierras. It is an inexpensive full house sailplane that looks like an F3B or F3F model. It is a nice flying ship that is fun to fly but not seriously competitive. You won't find it mentioned among the winners in any serious competition because it is not strong enough (40 G's or more) to be really competitive in either F3B or F3F. Ballasting is an important part of both FAI events and the Sierra makes no provision for precisely loading ballast.