Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

X-models X-calibur opinions?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

X-models X-calibur opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 03:29 AM
orion1210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-models X-calibur opinions?

HI

Considering buying a x-models x-calibur and was hoping they'd be somebody out there with experience of the model.

I've heard it's good for both thermal and slope flying being both fast and efficient, would you agree?

What's the maximum wind speed you've flown her in and is there any provision for ballast?

Any info greatly appreciated
Old 11-03-2003, 05:00 AM
andyede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: X-models X-calibur opinions?

i have bought (but not yet flown) an X-models blade which although only 2M wingspan has an identical wing section to the excaliber. It is ment to be one of the fastest 2M models you can get and i would put this down to the wing. I know 2 people who have excalibers and although they don't thermal with them (at least i've never seen them) they are pretty good on the slope. I flew one breifly but it was the first time i'd flown anything even near that big and spent most of the time in fear!! It was cutting up the rather small hill very quickly and all i could bring myself to do was simple circuits. The same guy that let me fly that also let me fly his mini blade (1.5M version of the blade, so same wing as the excaliber again) and that was lovely!!!! 3 circuits and i was rolling it looping it stal turning it, the works and i didn't want to give it back. it never lost any speed and climbed on this fairly moderate day like it was in a really strong thermal i would expect that any of these models would be great for thermaling but i am mainly a slope flying and not very experianced with thermals, just those ones that come accross the slopes on these light days.

i know its not exactly a direct answer but i hope it helps