Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Best ARF Power Scale Slope Glider Please?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Best ARF Power Scale Slope Glider Please?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 01:21 PM
Gunnery Highway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best ARF Power Scale Slope Glider Please?

Who knows who produces the best ARF Power Scale Slope Glider?
It can be a conversion of a power ship also, as long as it can become a slope glider.
Thanks
Old 11-03-2003, 03:37 PM
TFLG

Default RE: Best ATF Power Scale Slope Glider Please?

ATF?? Alcohol, tobacco, Firearms?

I'm guessing you mean ARF. There is not much in the way of ARF PSS kits. PSS is such a tiny market that making an ARF would be quite expensive. Heck there are only a few PSS kits on the market. Converting a power kit to fly on the slope has many problems too. Most power kits have airfoils not suited for sloping. The planes are usually too weak to stand up to the typical slope landings. There are a few electrics that might work if you beefed the fuses up. The Jepe kits compe to mind as good candidates for conversion. http://www.jepe.org/index.htm The dogfighter series would probably work good, I'de stay away from the jets. But they would require beefing up.

The three best known mfgs of PSS kits are

Cavazos Sailplane Design http://www.rcglider.com/Slope%20kits.HTM
You can order these just about any way you want from basic kits to ARFs. These are the most popular PSSers here in SoCal. I like the Aircobra the best but all of them fly great. The P-51B or the Me-109 are super flyers built about 50 ounces.

Vortech models http://www.geocities.com/vortechmodels/ Vortech makes some very nice kits. I have the Fw-190 and have also built the Panther. Both fly well. Not ARFs though you have to build em.

K and A models. kamodels.com Nice scale looking kits but the flight performance is not the same as the Vortech or CSD kits.

Everything else PSS that I can think of is EPP. Look at Leadingedgegliders.com for the best looking and flying PSS foamies. Patton Aircraft also makes some nice looking and flying foamies.

TFLG
Old 11-04-2003, 04:18 AM
Gunnery Highway

Default RE: Best ARF Power Scale Slope Glider Please?

Thanks TFLG
All your info is just what I was looking for.
I note that Europe has a big following too of PSS