Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

1-26 sailplane

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 09:27 AM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1-26 sailplane

Hello,

Looking for plans for a Schweizer 1-26 or the 1-34.

Thanks for any help.

scott
Old 11-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Toro1
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 1-26 sailplane

Check out this site WWW.SKYBENCH.COM It has 1-26 kits available, 1-26 A and B I think can be modified for C-E.

JB
Old 11-20-2003, 11:29 PM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Thank you for the info..

scott
Old 12-06-2003, 08:19 PM
jimsoque
My Feedback: (2)

Scott,
I have the origional plans to the Sterling Schweizer 1-34 Sailplane. I've obtained a partially completed kit, and am in need of the wing ribs of the left wing panel, from #68 to #83, to complete my ship. Would you be able to help me out with that? (copy, trace, send templates from balsa) I could copy these plans for you, in exchange.
Jim Soque
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94848.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	80271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31484.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	80272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ye84459.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	80273  
Old 02-17-2004, 07:55 PM
mmartin55

I just listed for sale in the classified section of this web site duplicate plans from the Sterling Models 70 inch wingspan 1-26 scale model now discontinued. I have them listed at a nominal fee to offset the cost of photo duplicating two sheets of approx 24x42 inch (one sheet two sided) plans plus the time to hand trace and inventory all parts required to build the kit and make a list of materials to purchase to complete the project.

I am done now and there are 5 full 8.5x11 sheets of full size patterns, 2 pages of parts inventory hardware and it all ships in a 9x12 catalog envelope with shipping included. Check out the other Schweizer related plans, patterns and kits we are developing at http://www.lightfastgraphics.com/schweizer_126.html[URL]

Good luck. It's a beautiful aircraft. If you need it, I can scale the above to any size you need. Email me with your requirements and I will provide a quote based on the camera work and duplication to the new scale.

Tom Martin
Old 03-08-2004, 10:23 PM
mmartin55

I am interested in getting a copy of your plans and outlines of the die cut parts for the 1-34. I am in the process of completing plans for a 1/6 scale (80" or nominal 2 meter ship) of the Schweizer 1-26/USAF TG-3 using factory 3-views, photos, Sterling documentation and kit contents etc. as reference and would like to do the same for the Schweizer 1-34, the Schweizer 2-32, the Schweizer 1-36 Sprite (used by NASA at the Dryden Flight Research Center as a deep stall test aircraft). Schweizer 1-26 plans will include documention to produce either the A, B, C, D or final E version with main plans providing parts for the later E version with eliptical, semi-moncouque all aluminum airframe and tail boom and the squared and raked vertical fin and rudder.

I am interested in finding out if anyone would like to purchase 1/6 scale or 1/5 scale fiberglass fuselages for any of these ships as well.

The plans for the Schweizer 1-26E can be previewed at my graphics web site at the URL:
lightfastgraphics.com/schweizer_126.html
The plans will be compete in the next few weeks after I review them against documentation still coming from Schweizer Aircraft.

Thanks,

Tom Martin
Old 04-28-2004, 11:05 AM
mmartin55

A quick update on the Schweizer SGS 1-34 plans and kits.

I have the plans now for the Sterling 1-34 and have documented all the materials which ship with the kit. I will begin the cad drawings of all of the die cut parts asap but if you wish to build this beautiful high performance ship using glass fuse and foam wings, these plans are excellent for 1/6 scale 98 1/2 inch and can easily be scaled up to larger at your local blueprint service bureau. Check them out at http://www.lightfastgraphic.com/schweizer_126.html.

In the meantime, Rex Burton of the Kansas City Soaring and Electric Club has just about finished the protoype construction of the 96" 1-26 and we will be going to the laser cutter soon. The short kit will inlude two pages of plans, a multi page construction guide, all the fuse parts of hard ply, light ply and balsa, all the wing ribs and all the tail surface and aileron parts: ribs, spars, leading/trailing edges as well as a clear canopy, and a full color archival ink instrument panel. You will have to buy wing spars and leading/trailing edge stock and wing, fuselage and tail sheeting material plus your choice of hinges, tow hook, tow release, main wheel, wing joiner carbon/aluminum/brass and covering material.

This kit is really cool. All the control surfaces are super scale with triangular section truss construction and all the parts cut for quick assembly. Just as in the full scale ship, all the control surfaces are fabric covered. (Course if you want fast just hack em out of solid balsa!)

Oh, and I'm drawing up the Schweizer SGS 2-32 to be ready in a month,

Place your orders guys!!!!

Tom
Old 05-16-2004, 10:53 PM
mmartin55

Here are just a couple of images of the 96" 1-26 in construction. More to follow.

Tom

http://www.lightfastgraphics.com/images/stmtcover2.jpg[URL]

http://www.lightfastgraphics.com/ima...umentpanel.jpg[URL]
Old 06-10-2004, 09:22 PM
mmartin55

Here are a couple more. Sheeted fuse with tail surfaces being installed, and plug for fiberglass fuselages ready for final coating, sanding and polishing.

tm

http://www.lightfastgraphics.com/ima...dercropped.jpg

http://www.lightfastgraphics.com/images/IMG_0031.jpg
Old 06-25-2004, 09:13 PM
mmartin55

This is from a post to another forum but I thought I should update the thread where it all started:

I have several plans and kits available for 40s and 50s designed American sailplanes from Schweizer. Right here in Kansas City from my very own garage where I work 1/2 time and my office and computer where I work another time and a 1/2 we are producing some of the sweetest little r/c gliders and sailpanes with parts all made in America.

I am taking orders for 1:5 scale Schweizer SGS 1-26 (96" span) plans or short kits, long kits or ARF with lightweight fiberglass fuse and foam wings. I can also ship you a set of plans for the 1-26 in 2 meter size or the same with laser cut parts in a short kit with instructions. If you build it from either scale plans you can build as light as you are able to meet your wing loading goal.

We also have a Schweizer SGS 1-36 T-tail high aspect ship (111" span) (the red fuse in photo). Wing loading is fine for themalling and with these ships a little extra weight translates into penetration, speed and finding more thermals. Its L/D that is more important. (We are doing this one in an all EPP foamie too but its top secret so don't tell anyone!)

Or if you can wait a couple of months we will have the 1:6 scale SGS 2-32 (114" span) and the 1:5 SGS 1-23 high performance high aspect (120" span) for your thermalling pleasure.

After all of that I think I'll start on the 2-33 and the 1-34 and then start scaling everything up to 1:4 and 1:3 scale.

By then I move out to the barn.

Like the rest of what comes out of my garage, most of these will be availabe as full or partial kits, have availabe fiberglass fuselages and fully sheeted foam wings with end grain balsa and carbon spars, cut out and capped ailerons, scale dive brake kits in 1/32 glass sheet, full scale color instrument panel kits, side hinged canopies with latches, functional scale tow releases, optional full scale built up fabric covered control surface laser cut parts kits with instructions, several full color vinyl graphics kits for TG-3A and other color schemes, full scale detail documentation, complete building instructions and documentation, web access for discussion forums and construction/trim/flying tips, etc. and full factory warranty against defects, full support after the sale, money back guarantee and I can't remember what else.

Man that is one busy dude in his garage. Yeah, we do factory tours. Bring a six pack, a couple of gliders, we'll sand on some parts for a while and head out to Wilson Lake and tear up the slopes, stop back home and do some aerotows, bungee up in a few cowpastures and head on back to the barn !!!!!

tm
tmrcsaiplanes.com......
bookmark it
order now

Name:	Ge94667.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	147403  
Old 03-31-2005, 11:56 AM
mmartin55

Scott, I just started a build thread on both our 1-36 Sprite and our 1-26 One-Design ARC composite kits over at RCGroups and here on the RC Universe forums.

Here are the links:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350990
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351916

For you Schweizer fans in need of something more vintage and lighter wing loading, we are now completing plans for the SGU 1-7 Pteradactyl and the SGP 1-1 Primary gliders and have just reached agreements with the designers to begin kitting the 80s plans for the Moskal TG-2 and Hiner TG-3 1:5 scales (about 3.3 meters) and the 1:4 scale Moksal 1-26 (3.1 meter span) and the Smith Hall Cherokee II 1:4 (3.3 meter span).

Photos of the 1-7 and 1-1 at http://perso.wanadoo.fr/vincent.besa...seum/index.htm

TG-3A Hiner plans model shown at the KCSE and TMRC aerotow last August. Great flyer, long thermal flights!

Name:	Wu60642.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	251894