Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

FLYING WING SERVO RECOMMENDATIONS?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

FLYING WING SERVO RECOMMENDATIONS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 02:45 PM
GARCON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLYING WING SERVO RECOMMENDATIONS?

FOR SAY.. A BOOMERANG.. A CUTTER.. AND A FOAMIE WARPLANE.. I USED TO USE HITEC 85 METAL GEARS... ARE THE HITEC 81 MG'S ANY GOOD.. I HEARD THAT THEY HAD PROBLEMS ORIGINALLY... LET ME KNOW..THX

GC
Old 01-30-2004, 08:35 PM
maherrpca

Default RE: FLYING WING SERVO RECOMMENDATIONS?

Hi,
I have Owned Boomerangs,Zagis,Xr's, Sonics. ) I initially thought that HS 85mg were the best (they are great) but, the place i fly(oregon) the wind is always blowing 10 mph and above, and i've found that standard servos work best financially and have more torque than minis. They fit in all wings that i've listed and you never have to worry about them. If you fly where the wind is light then i would recommend the 85mg's. I have heard stories about the 81's and for a few dollars more, why worry! I always seem to fly and wish i had more ballast for better penetration, Futaba 3004, Jr537,Hitec425,etc...Standards work great for wings
I forgot to mention that i currently own 8, 85Mg and they work perfect. I would never buy 81's personally!! My 2 cents.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:02 AM
Silly me

I also found that on a zagi and most flying wings standard servos works just great. I don’t have many mini servo.

even on a 2m glider you notice that you'll add much more than the difference in ballast
Old 02-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Tawg

Yup, using the micros like the HS 81s and 85s is wasting a little money when using them in a foam wing, since these are usually located infront of the CG you will end up adding more lead to balance plane therefore counter acting the reason for using micro gear. I personally use the HS 325s for most planes and if I am feeling like splerging I get the HS 425s with the duel bearing system for only a buck or two differance.

Between the 81s and the 85s, the 85s are worth the couple dollers more, I have had a few 81s fail and have heard a few familier stories as well about them givving people problems.

Good luck!

Tawg