Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Zagi electric version gliding performace

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Zagi electric version gliding performace

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Shahid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zagi electric version gliding performace

Hello

Hows the performance of a Zagi on a 400 motor, say if I catch a thermal how will it go?

Also, I know it has an EPP leading edge so how does it fair damage wise if I crash into another Zagi for EPP combat

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2004, 05:45 PM
jester1a
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Zagi electric version gliding performace

It's not the greatest thermal ship but I've caught a few- that's the challenge.
The EPP stands up just fine in full contact, it's the rest of the materials you have to watch out for. Broken Ailerons, ripped off ailerons and of course broken/doslodged props are where the damage happens. Winglets get mangled also- I replaced mine with the thin Coroplast which are holding up just fine.

JESTER
Old 05-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

It is pretty heavy compared to a normal glider, but if you catch a good thermal, it will climb...
Old 05-04-2004, 10:17 AM
Shahid

So no for Zagi....are there any better EPP wings out there???
Old 05-11-2004, 03:47 PM
m-dennis

No the Zagi is not a Bird of Time or Gentle Lady. If you want a e-glider there are plenty out there from cheap to as much as you want to spend. I have a brushless setup in my Zagi and I love to just scream it around doing loops and rolls etc. I also like to pull out my chair, get it way up there and float it around until it works its way back down then do it all over again. I have had many flights that are over an hour that way. Trim it out so it will fly hands free, keep the nose generally into the wind, fly a search pattern across the sky, and watch it to see when one wing gets popped up. There's your thermal, loop around to the side that went up and get into it. I guess what I am saying is that it is a decent plane to have fun with when there are no thermals but will work "OK" when there are. Plus if you land it too hard you pick it up, put the battery back in and toss it into the sky. It is also a pretty good slope flyer.
For the record it's not my favorite plane for any of these activities, (aerobatics, thermaling or sloping), but it can do all three. Plus it's small enough that I leave it in my car at all times with a cheap Hitec 3 channel radio. I always have a plane to fly if the opportunity comes up.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:01 AM
Landi
My Feedback: (1)

Hi

I think the Electric Zagi is good for thermaling of course the higher wing loading will requirer a stronger thermo but u have always the electric motor to get u back up there.

It will require a little moreskill than a gentle lady or similar planes but one hour flights are not a problem if the conditions a good.

Saludos

Landi