Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Small battery space

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 10:52 AM
studiobrent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small battery space

I have a small handlaunch glider with a 41" wingspan. There isn't a whole lot of space in the fuse for radio/battery space. I plan to use 2 Futaba 3108 micro servos in the middle compartments and put the battery pack up front, for balance. However, the area right behind the nose is pretty compact. A 270 mah flat pack won't fit, so I am planning to make my own pack. I am considering using four sanyo 110 mah cells. Will these provide power long enough for a few flights? Since I will only be powering the receiver and 2 servos, will I still be able to get some decent flights? (assuming I find thermals) Or if necessary, can I go with a larger cell, say 250 mah and "split" the pack by wiring a cell in another compartment?

Thank you for advice.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:54 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Small battery space

No problem. I use 100's in a HLG and no switch. Just plug into the reciever and fly. I typically fly 4 or 5 times for about 10 to 15 minutes per session and never had a problem. Finishing off the pack on my cycler usually shows 20 or 30 mah still remaining in the pack.

Another option is to get some small NiMH cells and make your packs from them. You should be able to get at least 200 mah into your nose that way.
Old 05-23-2004, 02:04 AM
gunny11
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Small battery space

Give my buddy a call at NoBS Batteries. 631 610-5169

Gunny