Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Graupner Cumulus 2000

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 12:26 AM
Numb Thumbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Graupner Cumulus 2000

Anyone flying a Graupner Cumulus 2000??

I have just ordered one and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on assembly or tricks and traps?

Thanks

David
Australia
Old 06-09-2004, 02:41 PM
BillPTC

Default RE: Graupner Cumulus 2000

Put together two.
Do not use cheap mini servos if your are using 4. Most ESC will not handle 4 servos. Locks up Rx.
I am using Phaser Bustless motor and it goes straight up.
The wing bolt mounts are impossible to use. I put in an angle cut balsa with blind nut in it. The angle is parallel with the top of wing.
To anchor the tail tubes for the V-tail I shaped a piece of soft balsa, filled to slots on the side and pushed it up the tail and then glued in position after tail control setup. Put it in deep enough then you have room left over to add tail weight if you use heavy motor.
If you use off/on switch be carefull on mounting. My screws holding the switch is in perfect alignment with servo control connector. Put Rx behind servos.
Added Plywood plate around front of fuselage because I opened hole so battery would slide in from front.
Wasted weekend trying to use ball links on tail. The original wire bent 90 degrees works OK.
The two servos in wing I covered in heat swrink then glues to wing with flex CA. That way you can cut out and replace.
DO NOT DO FLAPERONS. Plane will do funny things like wash in wing tips. Do Spoilerons instead.
Bill
Old 06-09-2004, 04:34 PM
Numb Thumbs

Default RE: Graupner Cumulus 2000

G'Day Bill

Thanks for the great advice!

I am still trying to decide on a power train.

Thanks again

David[8D]