Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

hangar 9 aspire ep questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

hangar 9 aspire ep questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 01:09 PM
turbine2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hangar 9 aspire ep questions

Hey everyone,

I just purchase the hangar 9 aspire ep rtf last night. I had er' together and running in about an hour! It was beautiful. Anyway, I am just getting into the hobby after getting rid of my truck (savage) and have flown my sig riser 100' a couple times, and a foam trainer with an instructor a couple times as well.

My questions are, how does everyone who has flown or owned the aspire feel about them? Also, do you have any recommendations on them? Or possible things that may go wrong or need to be upgraded?

I already had the prop spin off once in my first flight session. I now know what the allen wrench is for in the kit. I dont remember seeing anything in the instructions about that.

What about a different more powerful motor? Any suggestions? I would assume a better battery may help as well.

Let me know what you all think about any of the above topics! Thanks, and take care! -J
Old 06-25-2004, 11:30 PM
sawdust
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hangar 9 aspire ep questions

This is my third season flying an Aspire EP.

The stock motor and battery offers terrible performance.

I use the MasterAirScrew 3:1 motor/gearbox/prop. You can get it at Tower for $31.00. For power I use an 8 cell 3300 mah nmhi packs.

The EP that I am flying is the ARF version that is no longer offered. The wing is one piece.

It is very easy to install the AirScrew setup.

I do recommend that you get some advise on the brushless motors and lithim batteries. This is a more costly route but it will definately give you more performance. All that I am saying is look at all your options.

I love to fly my Aspire and get 30 minute flights when there is poor lift and 45 minute flights with good lift.

Finding the lift is the challenge. I do believe that I can get hour plus flights this year.

Let me know if you need any more information.