Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

Hi Guys, Just to make sure everyone understands: I am not speaking about NE sailplane products in my ranting and raving, but of another 'mail-order'/internet business I just finshed having to deal with . . . I too have ordered from NESP and didn't have any problems, this was ten years ago though and businesses and those who run them change. Myself after reading what I have here I'd be more than a little hesitant, a bit more wary to order from NESP again unless they were the only people who carried what I desired/needed and then I'd insist on 'tell me truth, tell me early' if it's going to take a few weeks to ship my stuff, tell me so now, I most likely go along with that to a point. But don't 'BS' me.
    Rick K

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick, evidently you aren't paying attention. Re: <I'd insist on 'tell me truth, tell me early' . But don't 'BS' me. >
    Save yourself the exercise. Your proposed insistance will only be like throwing down the gauntlet. The BS that you are insisting do not happen, are the 'staff of life' to the guy, it's just his nature.
    It's like repeatedly lending money to friends, you are setting yourself up for disapointment, and after you should have learned better, the fault is eventually yours.
    Just about everyone treats us w/ prompt service and respect, the few that don't are both bad apples, and to some twisted souls, a breath of fresh air.
    Just don't order from Sal if you are going to be upset by ALL the BS you will surely get, regardless of any insistance that happens. Frankly, I'd be suprised if he doesn't slam the phone down on you after bellering something about you engaging in self-inflicted carnal knowledge. It's just his nature.
    Good luck, which ever way you go.
    Perry
    OLD GAS BAG - A
    Organization Largely Devoted to
    Glider And Sailplane
    Bashing And Gluing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I could swear Iv'e said at least three times . . . I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT NESP!!!! I agree with you, 95+% of the people serving us are honest, dependable people who strive to provide a good service/product to us at a fair price . . . It's the other 5% that need to find somethig else to do, I'll always be prepared to help them to discover this elemental truth that may have eluded them thusfar. It's not like my money is easy to come by or something . . . If I'm paying you my dough for something you offer to sell to me, you work for me and I expect a good job. You can be sure if one of these outfits was shorted by one of their suppilers they would be on the phone to them in ten seconds screaming about it.

Would you not agree in my case waiting two and a half years for a $30 refund was a little more than over the top? I most likely spent more on long-distance phone calls to him than I got back . . . but your right, it's not worth getting too worked up over it, it's like when a cat pisses on your hubcaps, you really can't blame the cat much, it's just being a cat doing what cats do... though you'd much prefer them to do it somewhere else. Myself, I don't take well to being pissed on nor should any other reasonable, prudent person.
    Rick K

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[:'(]Is anybody still following this thread? Now it's my turn. After reading all the negative posts about NES here, I ordered anyway. They were the only ones that had what I wanted, so I ordered along with some other, more common parts. First off I have to admit they were quick; I ordered Mon or Tues and had it on Thurs. The two planes I ordered were in the box, but I also ordered 2 Graupner speed 280 motors; probably the most common motor in the world. They were out of the motors. Of coarse they took the money for the motors. All the other mail order places I deal with, let's call them the "honest" dealers, they wouldn't have taken my money until they shipped the back ordered stuff but not NES. So on Saturday I asked NES to cancel the 2 motors and to credit the money back into my account. I received no reply to this so I'll try again Wednesday. If I still get no response by Friday, I'll let the credit card company do it for them. If enough people complain to the CC companys, they will cancel NESs account and effectively put them out of business. You can't run an e commerce business without being able to take credit cards. Thank you, GWR[sm=punching.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep, I'm still following this thread For anyone that hasn't figured it out yet, the ONLY reason -- and I repeat, ONLY reason -- to buy from NSP is if you ABSOLUTELY need something that you can't find elsewhere. For example, their hi-starts are arguably some of the best out there. Anyhow, just make sure the item you need is in stock (I'd call them a few times to make sure before ordering) and place your order for other common items at another retailer. -Travis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Saturday to Monday isn't much of a break. Most of these companies work with business days and not calender days. It's a little early to cry wolf on the email you sent but I would think that by sometime tomorrow would be expected by anyone.
    Witty saying to be plagarized shortly.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If he wasn't a #%*&, he wouldn't have taken the money until the back ordered items were shipped. That's the way all the others, the honest one's, that's how they do it. So I want mine NOW so I can go elsewhere.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: GWR

...he wouldn't have taken the money until the back ordered items were shipped. That's the way all the others, the honest one's, that's how they do it. So I want mine NOW so I can go elsewhere.
    I would not go as far as saying he is a crook. C'mon. A crook would take your money and leave you with nothing and never issue you a refund or any other option except hit the road. Depending on the business some will take your money while having items on backorder while others won't. Just depends.

Before you assume that their intention was to upset you as the customer you should speak with them and I am certain they will accomodate whatever your wishes are to the best of their ability.

I had ordered a table for my kitchen for a sizable chunk of money 2 months ago. The company took my money and then delivered a busted table which I refused to accept. They put another one on order which was supposed to come in within 8 weeks (which it did) but they still had all my money while on backorder. This does not make them disreputable though. They are a large regional and reputable company. It is just the way some do business.

What you need to ask or check with any company if this is an issue for you is what their policy is on backordered items or out of stock/discontinued items. I've seen so many people upset about these sorts of things based on their "expectations" which may not match a certain companies policy. What it means is that nobody is wrong here. You just need to align your expectations in advance so you don't set yourself up for a letdown.

I've spoken to Sal before and as pointed out above they are not a 500 employee conglomerate company. I am sure his intentions are to make customers satisfied so you come back to him over and over and recommend him and nesail. Why would he possibly strive for anything else? With only a couple emplyees you have to realize that an instant response all the time is not always possible 100% of the time for some small companies.

IN THE PAST FEW DAYS I HAD A REAL POSITIVE EXPERIENCE WITH NSP. I HAD MISORDERED AN ITEM, CALLED FOR A RETURN AUTHORIZATION, ADDED AN ITEM TO THAT ORDER AND CALLED AGAIN TO ADD YET ANOTHER ITEM. NO PROBLEMS, JUST COURTEOUS SERVICE.
    I'LL USE THEM AGAIN

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I recently was a contributer on a thread that was VERY negative about Sal and NES. The thread concerned the quality of one of NES's products, the Tuff-E. The thread was eventually taken down ( removed) by the Administrator cause it was too hot so too speak. I now see here another round of negative comments about NES and a defense of the company by the Administrator.

I don't think it is the job of the Administrator to defend or condemn NES. They should be neutral, but how can they be neutral when NES advertises here??? I still wonder why that other thread was taken down?

There have been soooo many negative comments about this company here and other places. More negative comments about them than ANY ther company on RCU! This company has a big problem and modelers should be given all the comments about them so they can make appropriate choices. Censorship doesn't help.

I think RCU has their own problem!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have only dealt with NES two times, the first time everything went smootly, and I got my EZ400 quickly. My next order, of a Vermont Belle, was damaged in shipping. I called NES, and they shipped my replacement before the shipping company had even picked up the damaged one. I am more than satisfied with the service I have received from them.

Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys, let others know about your positive experiences by selecting the "Rate Manufacturers" item under the "User Reviews" menu.

This tool really helps other members evaluate manufacturers.

Michael
    Michael Kranitz

www.RCFlightDeck.com
    www.RCCarCal.com
    Who's Flying Where App (WhoWhereApp.com)
    Who's Racing Where App (WhoWhereApp.com)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mkranitz

Guys, let others know about your positive experiences by selecting the "Rate Manufacturers" item under the "User Reviews" menu.

This tool really helps other members evaluate manufacturers.

Michael
    Did you mean "Rate Retailer" Michael? I didn't know NES manufactured any of their products.

If you want to rate a retailer this is the link, Rate a Retailer. Lower left corner of the screen, "Locate R/C Stores", Product Category. "All Types" and Name Begins With "N". This is a new rating tool Michael and Marc have put up for us to express our likes and dislikes about hose we do business with.

After using it stop buy here, Have you seen it? and let these guys know what you think. These guys bust their humps to run this place and have asked for some feed back on the rating tool.

(edit to correct Product Category)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually, they are an exclusive distributor of certain items so they are in our Manufacturer Rating area:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/man-profile.cfm?manufacturerID=256

Sal doesn't have an RCU Store up yet (I don't believe) but when it does go up, you can certainly rate there too but in different categories.

Michael
    Michael Kranitz

www.RCFlightDeck.com
    www.RCCarCal.com
    Who's Flying Where App (WhoWhereApp.com)
    Who's Racing Where App (WhoWhereApp.com)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It was interesting to read that others have had a similar bad experience from NSP.
    I have only dealt with them once and I'm sure I'll never again.

I bought 2 carbon gliders a while back that had twists in the wings. After explaining may problem, Sals reponse was basically that i built them wrong. No offer of refund or replacement what so-ever. If found him rude and abusive.

I heard of another unsatisfied customer who received a glider with a damaged wing.
    No sign of damage in the package though what so ever. Funny thing that.

I can't beleive he's still be in buisness.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

In reference to your negative comments on NE Sailplane. I placed an order by phone and was treated with prompt and friendly service by Carol. I also talked to Sal and he gave me advise on what speed control was best for my setup. I got the order in three days and it was complete except for a carbon fiber wing reinforcement. I called Carol and she promptly shipped me one. Sorry about your bad luck, but I give NE Sailplane 5 Stars! Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

javascript:void(AddText(''))I wish to add my tale of woe with NSP to this forum. I was impressed by the NSP website and assumed that the company and service would be as advertised there. It was not. I placed an order for a JR transmitter and was told that it was out of stock and would not be in stock for another two weeks. I asked Sal when my credit card would be billed. Sal assured me that my card would not be billed until the radio shipped. Two weeks later I called to check on the status of my order. They told me it would be in in a few days. A week later my credit card was charged for the radio.(over $400) I assumed this meant that the radio had shipped and I would receive it soon.
    After 5 days passed without the radio being delivered, I called NSP to get a tracking number for the shipment. At that time I was told that a batch of radios had arrived but that my frequency was not among them. They assured me that it would arrive soon. I also was told that I was at fault, for trying to buy something during the summer rush. I asked Sal why my credit card had been billed even though he had not shipped my radio. He told me that he did it because he had received a batch of radios.(?) At this point, I began to think NSP, and Sal in particular, might be dishonest. I asked other fliers in my club about NSP, and most of them had very negative comments about their experiences with Sal and NSP. Having waited so long and already been billed, I decided to wait one more week before canceling my order and demanding a refund. At the end of the week I called Horizon Hobbies, the north American distributer for JR radios, to find out if they had a radio with my frequency in stock. Horizon said they had it in stock, and had no idea why NSP had not shipped one to me yet. I then called NSP to find out when I would get my radio. I was told that it had shipped from the distributer and would arrive the next day. Two days later I called and was told that it was on backorder from Horizon hobbies and they did'nt know when they might get it. I then canceled my order and asked for my money back. I was told it would take a few days to process my request for a refund (for a product they never shipped me), and a few more days to credit my account. A week later, when my account had finally been credited, I ordered the same radio from Horizon Hobbies and received it 3 days later. I am very disappointed with Sal and NSP and will never do business with him again. I would discourage anybody els from doing so either. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/micons/m7.gif

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im still waiting for some V tail stabs for my snipe....... a year and a half later ......

Oh well...
    Yes, I\'\'m with THOSE guys !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To quote Forest, "NES is like a box of chocolates. you never know what you are going to get." One order might be just perfect, the next. pure hell. Not a single member of my sailplane club will order anything from NES. Just too many bad experiences. He's got a reputation, well deserved for sure.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

UPDATE 06/30/06:

Sal called me personally today and has worked out a satisfactory resolution to my problem. He was very pleasant and I intend to try doing business with him again in the future.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

Unfortunately, now I am also a victim of Sal and Northeast Sailplane Products. When my 'Blizzard' glider arrived the left wing was damaged. The balsa and fiberglass on the bottom of the wing had been crushed/cracked from the leading edge to the aileron servo bay. Hopefully I can eventually get this resolved with NSP but thought it would be a good idea to alert others to the problem I am having with NSP. I will simply post the description of the situation I sent to Chase VISA to dispute the transaction with NSP:

I ordered a β€˜Blizzard’ radio controlled glider and motor system from Northeast Sailplane Products (NSP) on 05/25/06 for $720.89.

I notified Carolyn at NSP on 06/08/06 the left wing of the Blizzard glider had been damaged during shipping. I emailed pictures of the damage to her NSP address (cdef@nesail.com) and was told a new wing would be shipped to me and that I could proceed with building the kit.

Since 06/08/06 I have been given numerous dates by Carolyn at NSP that the replacement wing would be shipped. In each case NSP failed to ship it. The first reason given for the delay was β€œThey needed to contact Reichard (the manufacturer, located in the Czech Republic) to see if the wings were a matched set, but they have not been able to contact him.” This continued for several days, so I sent Reichard an email on 06/15/06 and was answered in less than an hour –

β€œHello,
    it is possible to buy one wing only. Any two wings can be used together.

regards
    Radana Reichard”

I called Carolyn at NSP, she said they had still been unable to contact Reichard, but would try again the next day. I told her I had contacted him and they only had to supply a new left wing. She asked me to forward the email from Reichard and they would ship the wing the next day. I sent her the email.

On 06/16/06 I called Carolyn at NSP just before they closed to see if the wing had been shipped. She said it had not been shipped because the person that does the packing was not in that day, but it would be shipped on Monday 06/19/06. I call Monday 06/19/06 and got the same story, they had not shipped it. But, she promised, it would be shipped by Wednesday 06/21/06. It was not shipped. On 06/21/06 I told Carolyn that I felt that I had been more than patient and if the wing was not shipped by Thursday 06/22/06 I would contact Chase VISA and dispute the charges. I also sent an email to both Carolyn and Sal (the owner) outlining the problems and my intentions to dispute the charges if it was not resolved. I was assured that it would be shipped on Thursday. I called Carolyn on Thursday and she admitted that they did not have a wing to ship me, but they did have a wing with damage to the tip. She asked if they repaired the tip to new condition would I accept it as a replacement? I told her that I would if it was like new. She said they would have it repaired and shipped by Wednesday 06/28/06. When I called on 06/27/06 to check the status I was told they had a buyer for the wing 'as is' and it was sold. NSP did not repair the wing and send it to me as promised. Carolyn said that NSP may get some new wings from Prague β€˜in a few weeks’. I now have my doubts that they intend to supply me with a replacement wing.

An offer from NSP to return the kit has not been extended to me, but at this point that would not be acceptable. I have completed the remainder of the kit and have my radio equipment installed. My time is of value, the compensation for the number of hours spent working on this kit and dealing with NSP is already far in excess of the purchase price. I simply want an undamaged left wing for my β€˜Blizzard’ glider, until it is received I would like the charges by NSP for $720.89 to be removed from my account.
    If you would like copies of the email correspondence and the pictures of the damage I will be happy to provide them to you.

Thank you.

UPDATE 06/30/06:

Sal called me personally today and has worked out a satisfactory resolution to my problem. He was very pleasant and I intend to try doing business with him again in the future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ge96110.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	484346   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wr54653.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	484347  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wow, that sucks. I was interested in purchasing a glider from NE sailplanes, but after reading this thread, I will spend my money elsewhere. Thanks for the heads up everyone! with this kind of customer support, I'm surprised that he is still in business.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RCadmin : you got stock with these bo-so's, what give's? read all the crap this guy ( sal) been pull'in , do you think were all BS'in you cause were bored?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RCadm: Sorry I came down on ya so hard, I'm just upset bout mail order guys who see the world as "marks" , thank you for all the long hours and hard work you put into this site, your bub, scoooper
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tr51313.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	510097  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I HATE companies that dish out lousey cust service like this. HATE THEM !!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Add me to the list of those who won't order from this place based on what I have read online and from talking to past customers. To bad, they appear to have some neat stuff!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast