Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Ripmax Coyote EP

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Propduster
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripmax Coyote EP

Has anyone had any experience with the Ripmax Coyote EP slope soarer? Tower's ad says it has a "lightspeed 400" motor with a folding prop included. I think this plane has a fiberglass fuse with a 52" built up wing. Has anyone flown it? Yeas or neas? Thanks, Mike.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:57 AM
Soar_dude

Default RE: Ripmax Coyote EP

Mike A frien of mine has a EP version we ditched the the 400 "no ooomph" and put in a speed 480 running on 7 1100 Nimh flies really well it has a very good glide ratio for its size we haven't sloped it yet. the fuse is balsa and ply built up. the wing is balsa and basswood spars. You want to get as much throw as possible from the ailerons.

Soar Dude
Old 09-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Propduster
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks for the info.
ORIGINAL: Soar_dude

Mike A frien of mine has a EP version we ditched the the 400 "no ooomph" and put in a speed 480 running on 7 1100 Nimh flies really well it has a very good glide ratio for its size we haven't sloped it yet. the fuse is balsa and ply built up. the wing is balsa and basswood spars. You want to get as much throw as possible from the ailerons.

Soar Dude
Old 09-10-2004, 03:45 PM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

prop,
I have the non-electric version of the coyote which I regularly use for slope soaring. I've had to reinforce the T-tail and replace the plastic nose cone with a wooden one. Other than that, it's a fun little glider - very responsive, quick and able to penetrate in a wind. I originally bought it because it reminded me of the old Hobby Shack Ridge Runt which was what I learned to slope on. It has not disappointed.

papermache