Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Dewoitine D520 EPP PSS

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 06:48 AM
dimadee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dewoitine D520 EPP PSS

Hi All,

I struggled to decide where to post this, but here it is! I built this EPP Sloper over winter from a Canterbury Sailplanes developers kit (basically a set of wing cores and some blocks of EPP) which I bought from eBay for A$75 (Australian dollars). I chose the Dewoitine because nobody else has one, and it has a great profile. I covered it with 2 layers of Profilm (Oracover), and then shrunk it. I then gave it a light sand and painted it with automotive paint - it stuck reasonably well, but after many days on the slope I expect it will need the odd touch up.

I have flown this in up to 20 knot winds, and it is sensational! Great penetration, and heaps of speed, but stable enough to make some close passes of the slope.

I would highly recommend a Canterbury Sailplanes kit to anyone based on how this flies!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87332.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	180080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58290.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	180081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd84013.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	110.7 KB