Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

i did it, FINALLY

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 03:09 PM
pepper-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i did it, FINALLY

well i finally flew my airplane. the airplane is a Sport Palio from hobby lobby and the motor i used was a Axi 2814/10 with a 1900 mah battery and boy did it jerk right out of my hands. this is the first time that i have flown this airplane. i have only been flying for about 2 months with a Sky Skooter and thought that i would fly the big brother.

i would have gone to the local flying club but those guys a *****s, well at least the one's i have talked to. So i went to by dad's house. i flew the SS around to get my hands in the motion, then i noticed that the wind was picking up. due to the fact that the SS just stopped when flying into the wind. so i had made the decision that i would not fly the Palio, but my dad was calling me a chicken because of the wind. the wind was blowing my tassel almost at a 90 degree but my dad started dancing like a chicken so I HAD TO DO IT..... started to motor and and gave it a small toss and the plane jumped straight in the air like a rocked, i was so excited that it was up in the air that in just a few seconds the 6 foot wing looked 1/2 wide. it was simply a RODEO!!!!!!!!!the wind had me bouncing all over the place. i killed the engine and did my best to keep it straight. well to make a long story short, i went back and forth in the sky trying to keep it straight. i got so nervous that my antenna was bouncing all over the place. IT WAS TO MUCH for the first time so i tried to bring it to the ground. well just to let you know the palio also doubles as a YARD DART. i was trying to land with the wind and banked to hard and just stalled out in the knife edge position and went down... the only thing broken was the nose? but the battery speed control and motor was laying about 5 feet away from the airplane.
i can't wait to fly again....
I'm just so happy that i got in the air. flight time about 6 minutes.
and any on who is thinking of bying a motor. the Axi is awsome!!!!

thanks
THE PEPPER MAN