Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

SOME QUESTIONS

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 05:03 PM
psydeviant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOME QUESTIONS

Hello all id just like to say im kind of new to the world of
R.C aircraft and since the summer of 2004 have logged only about 30-35hrs
of flying zaggi THL and EPP model wings"unpowered of course"on my local slope
(westburys white horse).i was stunned one afternoon when me and a mate went to have
walk around cley hill near warminster,upon reaching the top we bumped into a couple of
blokes with transmitters and noticed they were in combat and we stood and chatted,inspected
the wings and left them to it, from that moment i was hooked and when i got home looked
through my sussex model centre catalouge,located a wing and bought one, i used to race nitro
touring cars and had some spare servos and recievers lying about.
the wing was finished in an eve or two and the following weekend went to the slope,
suprised not to see anyone there i threw out on my first flight "and my wings first flight",
after the quick panic of it all and a few moments of ohh my god i kind of had it racing
around flying inverted, loops, spins and safe landings within 30 foot from my position,
i was chuffed to bits and my confidence grew each time i launched and a good day was spent
on the slope,
next time at the slope there were many chaps there,wings and gliders of all shapes were there,
i was nervous as the guys defenatly looked like they new what they were doing, i sat and
watched them for a while listning in on there stories and chatter and was hesitent to launch,
then i thought to myself to get on with it and threw out the wing into what was fantastic lift
she went up and was flying smooth trying to keep distance from all the other craft and keep in
rotation with the others so we could all have fun on the slope, i came in landed and a guy
asked how long id been flying and i said about 6 hrs total im a "newbee", he was stunned and
said that i must be a natural which made me feel much better and helped my confidence no end
ive since spent around 40-45hrs flying THL/EPP wings with much fun on every trip out,
at this point id like to say my interest has always been in WW2 fighters and one in particular
is the BF 109 (or ME 109) and after seeing a BAC HAWK flying very well in the lift my lust for
P.S.S was born,

i have now just finished building a GWS me109 foamy and have some questions for you advanced pilots.

1.has anyone here had any experience with this model on the slope?
2.will the c.g be exactly the same as it is for powered flight?
3.how are my chances of flying this bird with only zaggi experience?

i do consider myself as a complete novice as regards to rc aircraft,but not someone blindly walking
into it,i feel i have good control on my zaggi's and can put them where i want in the sky and landings are
controlled and smooth (95% of the time).
ive made plastic kits all my life and to a fine level,so moving into rc craft has been the
logical next step i suppose,
ive been reading lots of posts and comments on the site and enjoy all of them along with the advice
thats essential to someone who flys alone most of the time, ive given one of my wings to a friend in an
attempt to lure him in to the hobby and it seems to be going well, hehe
i look forward to being a member on the forum and reading from other people intrested in silent
but scale flight. thanks for reading
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15055.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	228421   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76398.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	228422   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44931.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	228423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fy71993.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	228424  
Old 02-27-2005, 11:20 AM
soholingo

Default RE: SOME QUESTIONS

I don't slope so I don't know an answer to your question. But if you have flown a flying wing this thing should be a piece of cake to fly...
Old 07-11-2005, 01:23 AM
ptb

Default RE: SOME QUESTIONS

By now you have flown your plane i am shure!
I have flown old u control kits at the slope with the battery pack in the nose where the motor
would normally go. almost anything will fly on the slope!
In the US that car radio would be illegal in flying models!