Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Spoiler tubes for strings

Old 02-12-2005, 11:11 PM
the bone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler tubes for strings

The spoiler tubes that the strings go in that are mounted in the wings for a one servo setup that is mounted in the fuselage. What are these tubes made of. The pictures look like fuel tubing but I don't know that. I want to keep weight down to a minimum. Whats the best way to go for the spoiler tubes.

Thank You The Bone
Old 02-13-2005, 06:41 AM
smoking joe

Default RE: Spoiler tubes for strings

the bone: I used Sullivan Gold Cable #507 in my GL and Spirit. Joe
Old 02-13-2005, 08:27 PM
kamakasi
My Feedback: (3)

any thin lightweight plastic/nylon/teflon will work. Just keep the radii from kinking. To really get nuts about the weight you can use the tubing only where it passes through the ribs. Problem is if you need to replace the cord your in a world of hurt.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:02 PM
johnboyrc

I used sulivan gold-n-rod and heated the area I wanted a bend in it, bent it to the radius I wanted and cooled it. These rods are fairly easy to glue with ca, and the outer guide tube for the rods work good for antenna tubes for my other planes.