Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Foam Space Shuttles

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 05:35 AM
BiplaneCrasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foam Space Shuttles

About 22 years ago I was 11 years old, and my best friends father had taken he and I to Toy and Hobby. There he treated us to a foam, bungee launched glider. We had taken our "Shuttles" to a horse farm somewhere in NY and tired ourselves out chasing them around this field. They would glide for what seemed to be forever, but was probably 20 seconds in real time. I do remember the were about 18 inches wide and 20 inches long (approx).

I bring this up because I have read the threads on the RC Space Shuttles and I was hoping to find a way to get my son involved in flying. These foam gliders would make great candidates for a RC Shuttle with out too much fuss. They have to be available somewhere, and they are not pricey, I think they were 8 bucks back then. A battery, RX, and a couple of servos and we would be good to go with an aerotow method.....

Any ideas?