Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Ace V-bat powered glider

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Cvans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace V-bat powered glider

I'm interested in a glow powered glider and am wondering if any of you have had any experience with this wing? Looks easy to transport and set up. Thanks for your help!
Chris
Old 02-26-2005, 09:46 PM
Lifesign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ace V-bat powered glider

This glider has been discontinued by Thunder Tiger. I bought one on sale and plan to assemble it. This is what i have noticed so far. This is a high performance airplane with a fast roll rate. During assembly the wings are glued together with your battery pack inside. If you want to take the receiver pack out you would have to cut a hatch. You must have mini servos. Also a mixer radio or mixer for elevons. You must cut down the elevator throw by 50% for proper pitch control. I think there are a number of better gliders out there. Also you have no throttle control unless you mount a servo to the engine mount. That means the servo will be exposed to the oil to the engine. I think i can hide the servo in the wing. I can take off the sheet aluminum motor mount and disconnect it from the servo by using a cable..
I feel for an Arf this plane would be rated at an intermediate skill level to get everything right in building. Also intermediate skill level for flying. The profile in the air would take some time to get used to compared to a regular glider. Also no landing gear and the servos are on the bottom of the wing.